Vinnie Vincent - What Is Going On?

Timely.. I was just watching VV hater vids last night. One was Paul Stanley narrating his own book and talked about what a jackass he was.. The other was Mark Slaughter..

What's it like for your whole band to bail and have bigger hits than you?? LOL

The recent pics are pure mental illness.. God gave you a 3-piece set. Act like it..

Cdwj-3gXIAA3eHh.jpg

I don't know what the medical name of his behavior is but he basically dangles a carrot out there and never fully commits to anything. I think he (or she) gets a cash grab and then bolts.

I think Vinnie is a really talented person and Gene and Paul even had Vinnie help them with the Revenge album. Like Gene said in a documentary, Vinnie could be handed the keys to the kingdom and them completely just blow it.

Here is a gem for you guys while we are on the subject...

Timely.. I was just watching VV hater vids last night. One was Paul Stanley narrating his own book and talked about what a jackass he was.. The other was Mark Slaughter..

What's it like for your whole band to bail and have bigger hits than you?? LOL

The recent pics are pure mental illness.. God gave you a 3-piece set. Act like it..

View attachment 289550
Paul ragging on Vinnie sounds completely like100% professional jealousy. Vinnie is a much better player than Paul, and IMO he wrote better songs. Paul dishes lots of dirt on tons of people in his book, but he was the last to publish too, so he sort of had the last word. Plus he’s a bigger bitch than Vinnie would ever be, even if Vinnie transitions for real. Vinnie’s whole problem with Kiss was he felt the employment contract was unfair. People generally side with Jake E Lee over Ozzy on the publishing raw deal he got, sort of the same deal here. Kiss was dying. They were passé in a post VH/LA metal world. Vinnie updated their sound and, it’s been said, their look to compete, and the thanks he got was peanuts. He was married with 2 young girls at the time. He felt it was unfair, and I agree with him. That being said, he needed their quality control to a certain extent in the solo department, as evidenced by VVI. I personally love that album, but even I would agree (being a VV fan) that it’s ridiculous overplaying on every solo. And the whole thing just rubs people wrong to this day. The more recent events in his life haven’t done anything to change peoples minds about him, and all that is squarely on him. FWIW

I don’t think people really know the depths of Vinnie’s talent. He did solo jazz guitar lounge gigs for yeas. You cant fake that shit. He’s a serious player. I know his recorded solo material sounds bogus, and it is to a point, but less so than, say, Vernon Reid’s nonsense. Vinnie can actually play.
There's no denying that he's a monster musician.

Paul ragging on Vinnie sounds completely like100% professional jealousy. Vinnie is a much better player than Paul, and IMO he wrote better songs. Paul dishes lots of dirt on tons of people in his book, but he was the last to publish too, so he sort of had the last word. Plus he’s a bigger bitch than Vinnie would ever be, even if Vinnie transitions for real. Vinnie’s whole problem with Kiss was he felt the employment contract was unfair. People generally side with Jake E Lee over Ozzy on the publishing raw deal he got, sort of the same deal here. Kiss was dying. They were passé in a post VH/LA metal world. Vinnie updated their sound and, it’s been said, their look to compete, and the thanks he got was peanuts. He was married with 2 young girls at the time. He felt it was unfair, and I agree with him. That being said, he needed their quality control to a certain extent in the solo department, as evidenced by VVI. I personally love that album, but even I would agree (being a VV fan) that it’s ridiculous overplaying on every solo. And the whole thing just rubs people wrong to this day. The more recent events in his life haven’t done anything to change peoples minds about him, and all that is squarely on him. FWIW
Here's that video. He makes a good case..

Paul and Gene’s revisionist history doesn’t interest me. Vinnie kept them alive and they treated him badly, same as they’ve been doing to Ace and Peter. I have zero respect for them or the band at this point. I was a fan up until and including Revenge. Not really anything after that. I did buy Psycho Circus and saw the reunion tour, mainly for Ace, my first guitar hero.

Paul and Gene’s revisionist history doesn’t interest me. Vinnie kept them alive and they treated him badly, same as they’ve been doing to Ace and Peter. I have zero respect for them or the band at this point. I was a fan up until and including Revenge. Not really anything after that. I did buy Psycho Circus and saw the reunion tour, mainly for Ace, my first guitar hero.

I saw the '96 reunion tour in San Jose. Damn it was fun to see them together again.

I’m not a fan of Kiss or VV. From what I’ve head of VV, his playing when he slows down and is not trying so hard to impress is really very good. Too bad he couldn’t keep it reeled in. He surely has or had talent. But man, he’s so weird and creepy.

Dynasty was the end of Kiss being relevant. It was also my first concert. October 2, 1979 at The Checkerdome in St. Louis. Luckily they only played a song or two off Dynasty, everything else was the good shit. 100,000 Years, She, Got To Choose, Black Diamond, Cold Gin, Shock Me, etc.. John Cougar opened and was boo'ed off the stage.

Those first 7 or 8 Kiss albums were great. Those songs still kick ass.

I can't say I ever heard a VV song. Maybe. Couldn't name one. Definitely looks like a tranny.

I’m not a fan of Kiss or VV. From what I’ve head of VV, his playing when he slows down and is not trying so hard to impress is really very good. Too bad he couldn’t keep it reeled in. He surely has or had talent. But man, he’s so weird and creepy.
This is a good example of his playing reeled in . Very cool soloing

Back