FRIEDMAN BE100 problem...fixed!!

mick 5820

This morning I turned on my be 100 that I bought there about two weeks at Musik productiv.
When i turned on my be 100 this morning I noticed a big "buzz" or "hum" with permanent followed by "clac", so I turned off the standby and on again, snoring and "clac" were still audible.
I checked all my cables and speaker cable but it works perfectly I also have a Bogner XTC.
The amp with the same problem without the guitar plugged in jack.
The buzz is gradually increasing and the power tubes become almost red!!!
I turned off and I do not even dare to turn it back on, I pretty bummed today ... :(
My amp is new and it's in perfectly condition!
Monday I contact musik productiv for the return and luckily it is under warranty ..
I hope they can do something to fix all that pretty quickly ...
I can be the first one to be a problem with a BE100 ....:cry:
Sorry for my bad english!

Sorry to hear that, but Musik productiv are good people.

BTW very important point is the service and support of those US high end amps here in Europe.

Sounds like a failed power tube. It's red plating. Dennis at Musik Productiv will take care of you. Sorry for the issue but tubes can be very unpredictable.

What Dave said... I had a bad power tube years back in an amp... volume dropped to a crackling hiss... tubes redplated. Replaced all 4.. amp kicks ass again!! Hopefully that's the fix for you as well. You have yourself a great amp there....hope you get to enjoy it soon :rock:

it is the power tubes, which are dead!
I am reassured and I'll quickly change them!
Again thank you! to Dave for this killer amp!

yes! I replaced the bad power tubes with new tubes of my Bogner and the sound is back to normal even even better!
No fuse has been blown.
Musik productiv that are perfect for the after-sales service! send me a free new quartet power tube

mick 5820":3j7u1o5n said:
yes! I replaced the bad power tubes with new tubes of my Bogner and the sound is back to normal even even better!
No fuse has been blown.
Musik productiv that are perfect for the after-sales service! send me a free new quartet power tube
Did you rebias?

Not true tubes can go at anytime these days. We burn the amps overnight and then test them again. Sometimes the tube just out of the blue will redplate. Glad the guys are taking care of you.

Back