SOLD 1988 Marshall Black Jubilee 2555 100/50w Head (not reissue)

pickslide

I got this awesome amp from the original owner, so in all these years its only been owned by 2 people and its in great shape. Really great sweep in the controls to allow for a lot of different sounds and the clean "channel" with a strat is instant Frusciante! I can say a hundred things about this amp, but they have already been said.

Only issue is the footswitch input washer is gone and the input is kind of loose but still works. Does not come with one as I never used it with a footswitch anyway as its not really a 2 channel amp in my humble opinion.

$2600US shipped and paypaled or $2500US with no fee payment. Ships from Canada.

Not really looking for trades, but I may be open to a trade plus at least $1000 cash coming my way for the following:

Ceriatone OTS 20 head or similar
a Tweed style amp head or 112 combo (ideally with some kind of master volume)
a tele with a humbucker in the neck
a solid strat in 2 tone sunburst
(guitars must have at least 9.5 inch fretboard radius)

See more pics here or message me

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ubilee-2555-100-50w-head-not-reissue.2531966/

20240125_154022.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...compared to my 76 Super Lead the tone controls on the Jube have way more affect on the tone...much larger variety of tones.

Fantastic. All the black tolex Jubes have the last version preamp circuit...which was changed for the last time during the Silver 87 year.
These can be dialed to sound vintage, or modern with a HUGE range on the EQ.
GLWTS!
How different do they sound? I thought the silver came before the black.

How different do they sound? I thought the silver came before the black.
Yes black came after silver. Apparently some of the first silver ones sounded a bit different. I dont know the detail, but the info is out there.

This amp is pretty much the exact same as the Slash signature amp from the 90s

I believe there were 3 revisions to the silver circuit. I owned a very early one and a very late one and they sounded pretty different. The early one was not as thick as the later one. The later was also a bit darker and more modern. As someone who still likes bright amps my later serial version was much better to my ear and really fucking rocked.

The last revision of the silver is what is on the black tolex version which is the same version as on the first slash signature model.

I believe there were 3 revisions to the silver circuit. I owned a very early one and a very late one and they sounded pretty different. The early one was not as thick as the later one. The later was also a bit darker and more modern. As someone who still likes bright amps my later serial version was much better to my ear and really fucking rocked.

The last revision of the silver is what is on the black tolex version which is the same version as on the first slash signature model.
So which one is the reissue?

So which one is the reissue?
I believe the last one but they don’t sound exactly the same to my ear. Could be due to factory biasing or component changes (or aging). The new ones sound brighter and a bit stiffer than the last circuit 2555. The old ones are a bit more round and seemed to have more gain on tap also.

Back