Matteo Mancuso

* velcro-fly *

Been a while since I've been this blown away by a guitar player. Keep in mind this kid is a total metal head at heart, but has an influence bag that so far exceeds most peoples realm, all of it due to his Dad pointing him the right direction...

Dig Beato's interview with him...

A little EJ, nails to the tone and phrasing:

Original tune "Drop D"...this rocks

Last edited:
Yup.

I'd heard about him for a few years before I bothered to check him out.

Dude's legit.
Honestly, same here....heard his name and never bothered to follow up until literally a few days ago. Smart kid, relatable, super humble, nothing weird going on. That Beato interview is killer, the little playing examples he throws out are pure "WTF??"

Check this is kid out

Yeah that's super out there, but its got that cringy video game tone happening, and tech for techs sake structure ala Polyphia. Not knocking it but I don't think dudes headspace is the same as Matteo Mancuso's, and that's not a slam on this guys ability which is clearly well beyond mine and most everybody else round here

Matteo is obviously amazing but this dude is way more entertaining for me, its just insane what he comes up with and how he turns the guitar into like a different instrument. im surprised he hasnt blown up more. him and el estapario should do a band
I checked out out dudes program, he and his chick are marketing an entire arts / music package. Tech, yes, but I'm not feeling it in the least, but clearly a few people dig him.

Yeah that's super out there, but its got that cringy video game tone happening, and tech for techs sake structure ala Polyphia. Not knocking it but I don't think dudes headspace is the same as Matteo Mancuso's, and that's not a slam on this guys ability which is clearly well beyond mine and most everybody else round here
Matteo is obviously amazing but this dude is way more entertaining for me, its just insane what he comes up with and how he turns the guitar into like a different instrument. im surprised he hasnt blown up more. him and el estapario should do a band
Same for me . I listen to modern shred a lot .
Id say I’d love max ostro most .then this guy berried alive. Then I’d have Matteo 3rd

Same for me . I listen to modern shred a lot .
Id say I’d love max ostro most .then this guy berried alive. Then I’d have Matteo 3rd

I hear the modern glitchy trap rap I listen to as much as his incredible playing which I’m sure is why I dig him more than the others. These modern dudes are all amazing but this dude just brings a whole different thing

Back