Which pots for a standard Strat hotrodding?

Matt300ZXT

I've got this Squier SSS 1v 2t typical Strat that I want to put these pickups in I got. If I run by the store on the way home, do I grab 1 500k and 2 250k, a 5 way, and a basic input jack like a Switchcraft or something? I haven't had the pickguard off to see if it has any resistors wired in that I can pirate off of it....what do you guys suggest I pick up for a total rewire?

What pickups are you using? If your staying SSS keep the 250k pots. If your going to HSS Id use a 500k volume. I usually get CTS pots, a Fender 5 way and switchcraft would work fine for the input jack. Only resistor I use is on the tone pots. Don't remember the value off the top of my head but a quick google search should find you something.

What pickups are you using? If your staying SSS keep the 250k pots. If your going to HSS Id use a 500k volume. I usually get CTS pots, a Fender 5 way and switchcraft would work fine for the input jack. Only resistor I use is on the tone pots. Don't remember the value off the top of my head but a quick google search should find you something.
I got some Jalen Crossroads pickups a while back off TGP

There are other values besides 250 and 500 K, 300 and 375 I believe. Good for a single coil guitar that may be dark, like DiMarzio SDS-1s

If you want your tone to be a bit brighter then get 500k, otherwise like others had mentioned get 250k for single coils.

I like the dimarzio pots taper, or if you do a lot of volume swells, get the yjm low friction pots

Back