Matteo Mancuso

I hear the modern glitchy trap rap I listen to as much as his incredible playing which I’m sure is why I dig him more than the others. These modern dudes are all amazing but this dude just brings a whole different thing
I agree . I think he is ground breaking . Completely original and I’ve taught some of this . I was blown away buy how Charles thinks about playing guitar

I don’t know what it is about the “technique“ monsters that I just can’t get into. I watch this kid and I’m amazed but I'm always left cold after a few minutes. All I see and hear is the practice and the regimen. I rarely get a feeling of any passion or fire, or hear anything that is all that touching out of their playing.
The only player who could shred that I like a lot was Gary Moore (and the early Yngwie years). Dig some Frank Marino and love Uli. I respect the hell out of the ability of these newer players but I don’t get much feeling out of what they are doing. They never sound like they’re going for a raw emotion in the moment, with a chance of falling on their face. Just another well practiced phrase or cadence.

I don’t know what it is about the “technique“ monsters that I just can’t get into. I watch this kid and I’m amazed but I'm always left cold after a few minutes. All I see and hear is the practice and the regimen. I rarely get a feeling of any passion or fire, or hear anything that is all that touching out of their playing.
The only player who could shred that I like a lot was Gary Moore (and the early Yngwie years). Dig some Frank Marino and love Uli. I respect the hell out of the ability of these newer players but I don’t get much feeling out of what they are doing. They never sound like they’re going for a raw emotion in the moment, with a chance of falling on their face. Just another well practiced phrase or cadence.
I agree with you, I mean these players are amazing, but not the type of stuff I can listen to all day...although very entertaining to watch on Youtube.:)
Mad respect for their dedication and effort to get to that level though.

totally agree. then again maybe he could join this trio and rule the fusion world for a few years!

it’s interesting to speculate what the next “right” career move should be for mancuso. i wish the best for the guy.

i agree, the only time i "listen" to these guys is when threads pop up here, ill watch a video or two and thats it, i have no desire to listen more despite the incredible playing. the berried alive dude for me though is different and why i usually lean towards heavier music, it at least makes me want to bob my head and smash things like proper metal instead of someone playing over basically a backing track.

this is a shredder that did well for himself

man his stuttering makes me wanna slap the side of the juke box. slow down and spit it out boy!
i loved racer x and saw them 7-8 times in my hessian era. yngwie milked that neoclassical bull first and way harder but paul and bruce were amazing to see live-the best dual shred band ever imo-and their band was solid.

man his stuttering makes me wanna slap the side of the juke box. slow down and spit it out boy!
i loved racer x and saw them 7-8 times in my hessian era. yngwie milked that neoclassical bull first and way harder but paul and bruce were amazing to see live-the best dual shred band ever imo-and their band was solid.

I really like him and I think his rock and blues playing is top notch. But once the 32nd and higher notes start I just drift off. I get a lot more from him showing some good vibrato and his love for really going for the right attack and picking on a riff. I just don’t get anything out of the very fast alternate picked scale stuff, unless it’s used in a more explosive way like GM did.

totally agree. then again maybe he could join this trio and rule the fusion world for a few years!

it’s interesting to speculate what the next “right” career move should be for mancuso. i wish the best for the guy.

What a sick band. Brilliant. The keyboard player reminds me of Hiromi, but she's a modern day GOAT level musician. It sounds to me like this young man studied her playing.

Here's Hiromi with Simon Phillips on drums and Anthony Jackson on bass.

That might be the most annoying interview I've ever seen. The non-stop showing off of riffs is barf-inducing after a few minutes... and it just keeps on going, and going, and going....

What a sick band. Brilliant. The keyboard player reminds me of Hiromi, but she's a modern day GOAT level musician. It sounds to me like this young man studied her playing.
Hiromi's on another level creatively I think, but that would arguably be splitting hairs. Jesus actually plays bass, sax and sings too. He gets my vote for being the "most-effortless" virtuoso out there.

The two of them, along with Corey Henry, are my 3 fave modern keyboardists.

I'm old-school at-heart 'though, so George Duke is still my all-time fave. :LOL:

Back