Marty wants solos to go away

Mary has always said crazy shit. He has nice said he does t know theory but I see theory in next interview lol fr. And he said he’s never
Done a sweep arpeggio.

Hey Marty, do you know why you are still best known for those awesome Megadeth solos? It’s not that you became a lesser player after that. Not at all. It’s because those songs had dedicated solo sections and the anticipation building during the song made each solo that much more rewarding when it finally came. 99 % of purely guitar instrumental based music is highly irritating to most people because hearing non stop distorted lead guitar over the course of an entire song, on every song, gets old really fast, even if it’s slow and melodic, no matter how good the player is.

Is he butt hurt his solos are not as recognized as much as others ?
I feel like this is the case honestly. Not that he doesn’t have the talent but rather it’s not recognized.

I mean he jammed and wrote with the great Jason Becker. The entire album of Cacaphony was one giant fucking solo from start to finish and it was signed by shrapnel records.

Is it because he thinks people can’t do them as well as he can?

Last edited:
I feel like this is the case honestly. Not that he doesn’t have the talent but rather it’s not recognized.

I mean he jammed and wrote with the great Jason Becker. The entire album of Cacaphony was one giant fucking solo from start to finish and it was signed by shrapnel records.

The fuck does he mean he wishes solos would go away? Is it because he thinks people can’t do them as well as he can?
Both cacaphony albums should be archived for its art

Marty's work in Cacophony and on Perpetual Burn/Dragon's Kiss/Megadeth are huge influences to me, and I'll always be grateful for the inspiration....but honestly, it's ends there. We have plenty of new guitarists and classic guys playing amazing solo's and pushing new boundaries and inspiring folks to play, Marty....people NOT trying to ruin it for others but inspiring people to play.. I'm gonna have to say....fuckin' NO and it saddens me to see him seek to hurt the art..

No one cares what that sawed off little woody allen with a perm looking runt has to say. He should start a band with DLR.
laugh spew elissa-slater-spit-take.gif

Marty's work in Cacophony and on Perpetual Burn/Dragon's Kiss/Megadeth are huge influences to me, and I'll always be grateful for the inspiration....but honestly, it's ends there. We have plenty of new guitarists and classic guys playing amazing solo's and pushing new boundaries and inspiring folks to play, Marty....people NOT trying to ruin it for others but inspiring people to play.. I'm gonna have to say....fuckin' NO and it saddens me to see him seek to hurt the art..
My love for that era of Jason and Marty is the shit. It’s show time rules too

Back