Judas Priest new tune.

Halford’s low and midrange vocal register sounds the same as 45 years ago, at least as far as current studio recordings go. Unreal. Live, he doesn’t have the stamina he used to so sometimes the signature vocal Melodies are not sung out in full but still…he sounds the least aged of all his contemporaries.
It insane saw them on the firepower tour a few years back and yes he does wear out towards the end of the night but some of the stuff he pulls off is still insane
They played fever after he took a break during the guitar solo spot for about 10 mins but he nailed it
And that last verse is just ridiculously high they also played Solar angels which is high as hell
For 72 there is no one in the business doing that he truly is a legend

Sorry, I found it weak. I can appreciate they're still going, and they were my favorite band for many years.. But, they just don't do it for me anymore. The fact is, they can only push it as far as Rob can bring it.. He's well beyond his prime and though still the greatest metal singer of all time, he's 72. Jump on that Harley, and ride off into the sunset. It's time to hang it up.
I think this song would slot right in to around Turbo/Ram it Down ... pretty damn impressive at this point of their career

They could bring K.K. back and do a 3 guitarist thing like Maiden and that way nobody is handling too much. Life is too short. Put Glenn up there a bit and let him travel with the band and just be there. I think this will be their last tour.

I have tickets for Maiden in November, seeing Heart and Cheap Trick, Green Day with my kid, Armored Saint with Queensryche, Saxon and Uriah Heap. I think for some of these bands, will be their last run.

I just never cared about a band being “good for their age”. It’s F’n metal. It’s either good or it isn’t, whether it’s a 16 year old still creaming’ in their jeans or a 72 year creaming’ in their diaper. New Priest as a whole I don’t like. Rob’s voice still sounds good in the studio but the songs…ugh

It’s like when people go on about Metallica “for their age”..well then give them a trophy, a coupon for flex-all and tickets to a shuffleboard cruise but don’t sell them like they’re still these giants or best metal band in the world bullshit. They were, a long time ago.

I’m approaching 54 and still love to rock but not for one second would I expect an audience to enjoy watching and hearing what is 2nd/ 3rd grade stuff compared to what I did in my younger days.

Last edited:
One of my first shows, back in 82 for the Vengeance tour at age 15. Still the loudest show I've seen.
Saw that tour here in San Francisco , age 15 also

F6289FE0-BC4E-4923-A2A4-BC5D54A496FF.jpeg

I really enjoyed the song as well. Excited for the new album.

Is that just a flanger on the guitar at the intro?

I still like those guys, the first time I saw them on the British Steel tour, it was like being run over by a Panzer tank!
Ritchie Faulkner is a badass, I wonder if any of Dan's modded Marshalls made it to any of the albums since he's been with them?

For my tastes this is definitely better than most their recent songs, but it sounds like a Halford solo album song, or like something a newer band on Frontiers would release. It's a shame that neither Halford-led Judas Priest or KK's Priest are doing anything that harkens back to the golden era of Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Sin After Sin, etc.

Reactions: MTS
One of my first shows, back in 82 for the Vengeance tour at age 15. Still the loudest show I've seen.
Devil's Child from that tour is epic...

When Rob sings "Your con-dition breeds am-mu-nition...shoots me in the face", pretty sure that cheeky geezer was thinking of something else... :sneaky: :gay:

I played for years in a Priest tribute; first as KK, later as Glenn, and in 2012, for the 30 year anniversary, we played SFV integrally in our 'tour'... Needless to say, we found out why Take These Chains, Fever and Pain and Pleasure weren't that big of hits...that's when the audience went for beer every time. 😅
But play the title track correctly and it effin' kills!
Bloodstone is a fave as well, but kinda tricky to pull off in the beginning.

that track was really lame
i am a huge priest fan but it blew chunks
the first single they dropped was much better

Back