I saw the REAL Pantera this weekend

I caught a couple of their tunes when I sat down but found myself wondering “Who are these guys and why are they here?” and assumed they’re one of Phil’s Housecore bands. When I sat down they were doing “Cheap Sunglasses” and I get it, ZZ Top/Pantera/Southern Swagger, but I didn’t want to hear that shit then. Really, I’m fine never hearing that song ever again.

They didn’t catch my attention at all with whatever original stuff I heard, could have been any stoner rock band up there and I wouldn’t have known any better.
Nest? Is that it? But I hear ya...ZZ Top'ish and Pantera (let alone LOG) are opposite ends of the rock spectrum :LOL:

Nest? Is that it? But I hear ya...ZZ Top'ish and Pantera (let alone LOG) are opposite ends of the rock spectrum :LOL:

Yes! That’s who it was. I was trying to remember and could picture the backdrop but it wasn’t coming.

They’e probably killer in a different setting, I was just way too excited about what was to come and something closer to the heavy vein would have been appreciated. From what I witnessed they were like Down but fun.

I Saw Pantera open for Wrathchild America and they were amazing back then. I Wanted to go to this show but taking care of someone with Dementia takes up all my extra time.
Dude! Same. They ran the circuit in the gulf of mexico back in the day but they were a glam band. Wasnt our thing. Saw them with wrathchild at the st bernards cultural center in New Orleans and was blown away. Real glad i got to see them a few times back then.

Dude! Same. They ran the circuit in the gulf of mexico back in the day but they were a glam band. Wasnt our thing. Saw them with wrathchild at the st bernards cultural center in New Orleans and was blown away. Real glad i got to see them a few times back then.
The Only Reason i Remeber that show so well is i got a Pick from Dime before he was known as Dimebag & before he had custom picks made. It's a Black .88mm Tortex from back when dunlop used yellow print on the black picks & refered to them as the "Black Gold Series" It was also my 1st time stage diving in the middle of the song Cowboys from hell. Sadly i never got to see them after rhat show.....Something always got in the way of me going to see them after that.

My grandmother had it, my ex’s grandmother had it and both my mother and father are showing early signs of it in their behavior and medical testing. There’s not a damn thing I can to do get either of them to get things in order the best they can now because they’re both like children as it is, so I’m just gonna deal with it when it occurs.
I had to deal with it with my grandmother who raised me. Fucking hate that condition.

I saw Pantera/LOG this summer with my teenage son, it is his only metal concert (and second concert ever).

It was the 7th time I have seen LOG, been a fan for twenty years. They always put on a good show, but its better in a smaller venue.

Pantera was good, Phil can't sing like he did in the early 90s. He doesn't even attempt to do Cowboys from hell, so they just play the album track while playing Dime's home videos in the background. I think Zakk did well on guitar.

There was a tent setup right when you came in, it had a bunch of Dimebag stuff: Hats, guitars, etc. Turns out it is Ritas setup, sad I didn't get to meet her.

Pantera was good, Phil can't sing like he did in the early 90s. He doesn't even attempt to do Cowboys from hell, so they just play the album track while playing Dime's home videos in the background. I think Zakk did well on guitar.

?

They’ve been doing it every night since the first show-

Sorry I am confusing my CBFH songs, it was cemetery gates that wasn't played live, but was a recording while they played dime's home videos.

Yeah, pretty strange they aren’t doing that at all. I’d be totally happy with an audience-sung version and just the band playing if Phil doesn’t want to risk butchering it.

On a technical level, this is the best he’s sang since pre-Trendkill days, it’s pretty clear he knows what range he can stay within without screwing himself over for the next gig. It’s one of the more impressive things I’ve seen from this tour, because that dude has just gone for it his entire career.

Back