Neil Giraldo....what player!

A lot of those were done with an SLO 100. Promises , Fire and Ice, Treat me Right. All great solos. Very tasty guitar player.

A lot of those were done with an SLO 100. Promises , Fire and Ice, Treat me Right. All great solos. Very tasty guitar player.
You sure those weren't his trusty Marshall Combo's w/ EV speakers? He's pretty much used those consistently for decades. I mean Promises is from '79, Fire and Ice '81. Soldano didn't hit until much later.

It's funny Neil is involved with two of my favorite pop rock albums in Rick's Working Class Dog and John Waite's Ignition. The production is stellar on Ignition. Throw in his Benatar stuff, dude's a huge talent. Honestly had it not been for Benatar he'd probably be one of the biggest producers of that era.

You sure those weren't his trusty Marshall Combo's w/ EV speakers? He's pretty much used those consistently for decades. I mean Promises is from '79, Fire and Ice '81. Soldano didn't hit until much later.
Read an interview with him and I am not sure exactly which ones he used it on but I know it was early on. He said he got a call from the Producer asking to come in and lay down solos. He said he was hungover and just went for it. He hadnt met Pat at that point either. Article is probably out there somewhere.

Just looked up a newer interview where he said he used a marshall. I wish I knew where I read that article cause he went into detail about what he did. I am by no means a Geraldo fanboy so I was just going by what I read. Still sounded good though.

His amps. Even if you see pictures of other stuff onstage you will always see these, this is his sound.

The Marshall combo's have always resonated with me because my first amp was the 50w version of this with blackbacks. Sadly traded like so much other stuff. Now the prices are just kinda silly when they do come up for sale. But this as discussed in the Tim Pierce vid is pretty much his main amps since partnering with Pat.

67812361_1848933228543180_5176550234477559808_n.jpg

286916501_4491719320931211_3200986199251011330_n.jpg

An all time favorite of mine. So many great, memorable solos. Ones you sing along to. Part of the soundtrack of my life. Thanks for the kudos, Jeff.

Back