KSR Orion - Beastly Lunchbox Amp

KSR makes my favorite "modern " sounding amps I think, very good demo
Totally agree man, Kyle’s got it going on.
My buddy has an Orion and it kills. A USA made amp with four great channels that weighs 18 lbs and sounds as big as it does for $1800 is a no brainer.

Agreed. There's a vulgar grind to his amps that's unique. The Ares I owned had it and the Orion I just got has it...just a pissed off nasty sound. They are not the tightest nor fastest response in terms of attack, but boost them and they get tight enough with some give/bounce but very thick/fat. The Orion is mean as hell, and it can sound surprisingly full/big. Each of the gain channels is it's own thing and all sound great. Clean ch not sure, haven't touched it and probably never will, but hey it's got one.

I bought my Orion from ClintN667 and enjoyed it for what it is but just sold it because I have other amps I like a lot more. The Orion was a bit processed/synthetic sounding next to the other amps. Its still a great amp and gets aggressive as hell and has ridiculous amounts of gain...too much really...LOL! I played lead ch with gain at 2 and lightly boosted.

Back