SBS (Steve Brown Sound) Guitars?

WhiteShadow

Just seeing what people thought of these. Who on here has one? What your opinion on overall quality, sound, playability? Good guitars for the money, or cheap hunk of junk? I've heard mixed opinions. I love the way they look. They're right up my alley of 80s shred guitars. Thought about buying the red VS260 to try one out. If I liked it I was going to buy a bunch of them. Probably the blue, yellow, green, and black too. They're just too cool looking, and I like them all.

I have one that I bought as a beater and pickup swap test mule for my other super strat style guitars. I gotta say I enjoy it quite a bit and it’s worth every penny. Even the stock pickups don’t sound bad at all. They have a nice midrange grind to them.

The Floyd isn’t the best quality but it hangs just fine. It couldn’t be higher than a FR1000 due to cost but it seriously feels and holds up better than any other 1000 series floyd I’ve touched which baffled me. Strange they don’t specify which model they install on them.

My main complaints are the factory setup wasn’t great, which realistically that’s to be expected and the relic job is super cheesy looking to the point it looks more like relic stickers than an actual relic. I’d advise to get some sandpaper and go over those spots to make it look proper but that’s on you.

I have one that I bought as a beater and pickup swap test mule for my other super strat style guitars. I gotta say I enjoy it quite a bit and it’s worth every penny. Even the stock pickups don’t sound bad at all. They have a nice midrange grind to them.

The Floyd isn’t the best quality but it hangs just fine. It couldn’t be higher than a FR1000 due to cost but it seriously feels and holds up better than any other 1000 series floyd I’ve touched which baffled me. Strange they don’t specify which model they install on them.

My main complaints are the factory setup wasn’t great, which realistically that’s to be expected and the relic job is super cheesy looking to the point it looks more like relic stickers than an actual relic. I’d advise to get some sandpaper and go over those spots to make it look proper but that’s on you.
Thank you for the honest and thorough feedback! That's about what I thought, which is good enough for me to buy one

People are saying the frets are small on them. Wonder if that translates to better or worse playability compared to jumbos

Reactions: rsm
Mine came with action super high. Like way high. Tried setting it up but fretted out. Did a quick level but those frets are so small. Woods super light weight.

My opinion is pass. Save your money for a charvel or something.

Back