Finally getting an amp to do what you want it to (VHT Deliverance clip)

Bram576

So, I was real close to getting to move this thing. Fired it up, spent a lot of time tweaking it and got a sound I totally love. Really reminded me of cattle decaps base tone. I know they use a 6505 underneath for extra saturation and Dave otero does tons of eq moves to his stuff. But this reminded me of Josh’s tone. And it makes sense in theory, he uses the fortin hiwatt and with vht hiwatt lineage this sounds pretty dang close to me. This is also a bummer because I was eyeing something to sell this for and now I don’t want to at all because it’s so damn brutal. With a full mix this would just crush.

Very cool tone. Lots of extended harmonic detail in the treble, kind of unique to the hifi thing VHT's and Hiwatts tend to have.

They're cool amps for sure. I have a 60 watt version and I'm kind of like you about it. Sometimes I record it and it doesn't seem to do what I want it to do, and other times I'll come at it from a different direction, dial it differently, boost it, and it sounds killer.

Very cool tone. Lots of extended harmonic detail in the treble, kind of unique to the hifi thing VHT's and Hiwatts tend to have.

They're cool amps for sure. I have a 60 watt version and I'm kind of like you about it. Sometimes I record it and it doesn't seem to do what I want it to do, and other times I'll come at it from a different direction, dial it differently, boost it, and it sounds killer.
Very unique amps. I think a lot of the “traditional” rules don’t apply to them… How you go about dialing them boosting them and such. I think a huge part is they’re designed around eminence speakers which I honestly just don’t jive with usually. But matching this up with my 02 Mesa cab it just worked. Honestly I feel like everything works with it lol, cab fucking rules. I know speakers are a lottery but damn Celestion were real consistent in the early 2000’s.

Cool clip!
A Deliverance 60 is on my short list of amps I'd like to get. I borrowed a 120 for a gig once and didn't have much time to dial it in but it still sounded great for the show. A few days later I was reading about how to use the 2 gain knobs so I'd really like to spend some more time with one. I love one channel amps.

Cool clip!
A Deliverance 60 is on my short list of amps I'd like to get. I borrowed a 120 for a gig once and didn't have much time to dial it in but it still sounded great for the show. A few days later I was reading about how to use the 2 gain knobs so I'd really like to spend some more time with one. I love one channel amps.
One channel amps typically wind up being what I like most. I feel like amps that try to do a bunch of channels and features never excel at one thing.

So, I was real close to getting to move this thing. Fired it up, spent a lot of time tweaking it and got a sound I totally love. Really reminded me of cattle decaps base tone. I know they use a 6505 underneath for extra saturation and Dave otero does tons of eq moves to his stuff. But this reminded me of Josh’s tone. And it makes sense in theory, he uses the fortin hiwatt and with vht hiwatt lineage this sounds pretty dang close to me. This is also a bummer because I was eyeing something to sell this for and now I don’t want to at all because it’s so damn brutal. With a full mix this would just crush.

Sounds great! What cab and speakers are you using in this video?

What year did they start to change? I have some dated 1999, 2000 and 2009 and all seem the same.
I think they were most consistent like 99-05 according to Nollys big thing on them… I’ve had good v30s from random years that were supposed to be “bad” though and were just fine. Again like anything else we’ve probably made too much of this thing, but this cab sounds killer.

Back