NGD PRS McCarty

stratjacket

So I've never really looked at the McCarty model. I've owned a McCarty 594, but not the straight McCarty model. Then last week I was in a local music store and they had a used one hanging on the wall. So I took it down and played it. WOW, it played so effortlessly and felt so good in my hands. It felt perfect. I did not buy it, but it sent me on a research quest. I came across one on Reverb that was a paint sprayers choice in Seafoam Green. Worked out a good deal and it arrived today.

Did a setup, cleaned it up (fretboard was so damn grimy) and put it back together. It's so acoustic, loud as hell just playing it without an amp, notes really jump out. Think I'm hooked.

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 1.jpeg

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 2.jpeg

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 3.jpeg

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 4.jpeg

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 5.jpeg

Congrats! The PRS McCarty is what got me in to PRS's back the early 00's. I have a few nice PRS's now (I see you do as well!) But I think my top two are McCarty's: a 2015 Artist package and a 2022 Robben Ford, which is modified McCarty.

Nice! Ignoring cost, if you had to keep one, would it be this PRS or your EBMM Sabre?
The PRS. I also have a Custom 22 (seen in the pic as well) that I haven’t played in a long time. I played it a couple weeks ago and boom, so good. I may just have to realize I may be a PRS guy.

I really like the 25" scale....plus their playability is just crazy nice. My preference is a singlecut but the op's is really cool. Is it a sig model by chance? I've never seen one with the bird on the body like that.....

I really like the 25" scale....plus their playability is just crazy nice. My preference is a singlecut but the op's is really cool. Is it a sig model by chance? I've never seen one with the bird on the body like that.....
It’s not an sig model. Under the neck Pickup it says “experimental”. The guy who owned it says contacted PRS they occasionally open things up to the painters as “sprayers choice” and they get to do anything they want. Apparently one of the sprayers made this up. Otherwise it has the same specs as any other McCarty.

Last edited:
Back