So, Fryette no longer makes proper amps?

ZEEGLER

The website shows cabs, a Memphis combo, and something called the Aether. No Pitbull. No Deliverance.

This is probably old news, but it's very disappointing. :mad:

Hopefully the website is just out of date.

They just posted this on Facebook last month, saying they would be released soon.
image.jpeg

Hmmmmm.... Interesting. Are the eluding to a competitor to the Uber Ultra? Deliverance II + ?

After no showings at this year's NAMM, I'm no longer counting on anything from them anytime soon. If the Ultra Lead amp was "just about done" like Steve said months ago, there would've been a near finished prototype to display.

Their customer support is shit when answering emails and also I waited 9 months to get my PS100. I'm over them.

Now that my school girl fit is out of the way, I would think they will still be building amps since they just spent money on a new facility.

They still make Deliverance heads, a few batches a year. The rest, who knows? They announced the gp/di with irs years ago, still vaporware.

They did move. Their last video I think they talked about supply and vendor issues..
He only has a handful of employees. I don't know his financial situation and if he's ballin' or not. But I'm sure he's trying to stay within his means to stay above water in this weak ass, modellor, fake guitar sound climate..

After no showings at this year's NAMM, I'm no longer counting on anything from them anytime soon. If the Ultra Lead amp was "just about done" like Steve said months ago, there would've been a near finished prototype to display.
At least when it comes to NAMM, I believe it's a recurring opinion expressed on his podcast thingy that he does not like NAMM anymore and does not find it worth attending regardless of whether there is gear to show.

Didn't Dave Friedman let slip on his podcast that Fryette was going to announce something soon?

Remember that the LXII power amp was announced in 2012 and came out in I think 2019.

Gpdi was meant to ship early 2014 for Kickstarter backers and really shipped in 2016.

I first remember hearing about the GPDI-IR in 2020 and it is now 2024 without any updates.

When something is coming ‘soon’ expect years, not weeks or months.

They did move. Their last video I think they talked about supply and vendor issues..
He only has a handful of employees. I don't know his financial situation and if he's ballin' or not. But I'm sure he's trying to stay within his means to stay above water in this weak ass, modellor, fake guitar sound climate..
I saw that video. Very interesting to soak in everything he talked about. Definitely a VERY small situation all the way around that "warehouse ". It's obvious he isn't in a big production type of space. It looks like small batch stuff. But the Ultralead is my all time fave production amp,so I really wanna see how he makes it better.

Yes they are making full sized amps. Anything that isn't on the website you can ask them about. They will make much of anything they made previously. The website is not updated.

I don't know of any smaller amp builders that release things when they say. It is always longer.

Just wanted to throw out that Mr. Fryette appeared on a YouTube video uploaded recently, and stated that the new version of the Ultralead is around 75% complete and that its going on tour with Helmet in April.

Fryette always takes a long time getting products out so I wouldn't get too excited, but it's good news to get a real update on it.

It’s easy to forget because it’s a different name but they probably got a little busy launching Sound City as well. At the end of the day, excuses matter little when the customer can’t buy your product. Enough time goes by and many people don’t think of you as choice anymore or lose faith that a company that can’t regularly produce their main product, will support it well when it comes around again.

Last edited:
It’s easy to forget because it’s a different name but they probably got a little busy launching Sound City as well. At the end of the day, excuses matter little when the customer can’t buy your product. Enough time goes by and many people don’t think of you as choice anymore or lose faith that a company that can’t regularly produce their main product will support it well when it comes around again.
I think it important to take into account how massively successful the Power Station was and still is. That effectively became their main product focus. They still have a hard time meeting demand afaik.

I love Fryette. I’d get em while we can. What you don’t think of with these guys is, they will probably not exist when Steve retires. I’m going through this dilemma now that Patrice Vigier is retiring and shutting up shop. These companies aren’t going to just continue like Fender or Marshall.

Back