Nashville

itsme

In Nashville this weekend to check out the scene and gear. The gear stores here are off the hook. Carter Vintage Guitars is my favorite so far. The Gibson Garage is very cool as well. Has a conveyor belt of Les Pauls tracking around the ceiling of the whole place. Sixteen stores on my list. Hollywood Ave. is crazy. Door after door of great pubs and live music.

There are a lot of cool music stores in Nashville.

Eastside Music Supply is another good one. They have more pedals from more makers than anybody in town.

Also don’t underestimate Guitar Center on Thompson Ln. Their platinum room is one of the best places for high gain amps in town, believe it or not. Bogner, Suhr, Soldano, Mesa, Friedman, etc. I've also seen stuff like Splawns and Matchless amps in there too.

Last edited:
I need to go back sometime and spend a couple of days checking out shops. It's a few hours from home, and I've only been once.

There are a lot of cool music stores in Nashville.

Eastside Music Supply is another good one. They have more pedals from more makers than anybody in town.

Also don’t underestimate Guitar Center on Thompson Ln. Their platinum room is one of the best places for high gain amps in town, believe it or not. Bogner, Suhr, Soldano, Mesa, Friedman, etc. I've also seen stuff like Splawns and Matchless amps in there too.
I went to Eastside today- You’re not kidding. Pedals galore. And Guitar Center is no joke. That platinum room is rediculous. Heading home tomorrow. I was trying to buy something on this trip and had the wife’s blessing. But honestly I played a lot of stuff and prefer my guitars. Closest considerations were a blue Jake e Lee Charvel, an SLO 30, and a Bogner Shiva.

I went for a weekend several years ago with the wife, up from Atlanta and we had a better time than expected. We don’t generally like crowds but did Broadway on a Saturday night and it was actually Ok. People flowed pretty good, no attitudes or craziness. Pop in for a song or two and a cocktail then on to the next place. As expected, every one playing was on point and quite a lot of classic pop rock (80’s and 90”s) was being played as well as country.
Gave the Wife one day of her stores and the other day was me looking at guitars etc. The stores are cool indeed but let’s face it, anlmost everything remotely cool is super expensive. Ending up going home with just a store’s T-Shirt…lol
One store frustrated me (Rumble Seat, I think) because he had all these bitchin’ old Marshall stacks in the back, some colored and then found out they weren’t for sale and just a display of the owner’s stuff. That tease was not cool!…lol
But I did see Joe B in there buying a Fender clock 🕺

One store frustrated me (Rumble Seat, I think) because he had all these bitchin’ old Marshall stacks in the back, some colored and then found out they weren’t for sale and just a display of the owner’s stuff. That tease was not cool!…lol
But I did see Joe B in there buying a Fender clock 🕺

I just spent a week in Nashville last month. Probably took 2 full days hitting up music shops, which was awesome, but Rumble Seat frustrated me as well 😄 I ran across the same vintage Marshall stacks and inquired.

Asked for details on the orange Marshalls in the back corner - “Those belong to the owner, they’re actually not for sale.” Ah, got it. Checked out a side room with more Super Leads. Maybe one of these? Asked about those - “Oh, those are from the owners personal collection, they’re just for display.”

I couldn’t figure out what the hell was for sale and what wasn’t. The “display only” gear wasn’t marked that way, and it was just scattered all throughout the store. If you’re going to have unmarked “display only” gear, at least stick it all in one room for show so it’s easy to identify. I shouldn’t have to guess what is actually for sale. I got frustrated and left as well, haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 27
I live here so...

Guitar Center & Sam Ash are good.

Platinum Room at GC is run (or was, I know he's still there) by Tony Higbee, he's the guitarist for Tom Keifer's solo band and plays with Damon Johnson in Brother Cane. Sam Ash has "Toddzilla" now working there. Todd's kinda well known on the scene here, knows his gear. Good guy, big hair, loves Prince.

Carters is good, tons of Les Pauls. Of course Gruhns's is world renowned. Gibson Garage is good as well.

Pedals - Eastside Music is cool but I prefer GuitarsEffectsPedals even more plus you can still wheel and deal there with the owner.

Old stalwarts still in business are Corner Music and Nashville Used Music which in it's glory days was deal city.

Overall Nashville still has good shops but man, it's nothing like it was late 90's. So many smaller places stacked with gear and deals galore now long gone.

I live here so...

Guitar Center & Sam Ash are good.

Platinum Room at GC is run (or was, I know he's still there) by Tony Higbee, he's the guitarist for Tom Keifer's solo band and plays with Damon Johnson in Brother Cane. Sam Ash has "Toddzilla" now working there. Todd's kinda well known on the scene here, knows his gear. Good guy, big hair, loves Prince.

Carters is good, tons of Les Pauls. Of course Gruhns's is world renowned. Gibson Garage is good as well.

Pedals - Eastside Music is cool but I prefer GuitarsEffectsPedals even more plus you can still wheel and deal there with the owner.

Old stalwarts still in business are Corner Music and Nashville Used Music which in it's glory days was deal city.

Overall Nashville still has good shops but man, it's nothing like it was late 90's. So many smaller places stacked with gear and deals galore now long gone.
This. I live outside of Nashville and I really like staying in my little shire to not fight the city. But I agree, Todd’s place is cool. Guy knows his stuff- that’s where my amps go for healthcare.

I dig Nashville. Downtown is not unlike the way 6th St in Austin used to be, or Bourbon St in New Orleans is. Killer players, great music, good food...
But all the bachelorette parties, ugh.

Carters is a must visit when I'm in town.
My favorite part of TN is the great motorcycle rides, hiking and fishing. Gotta get more towards Knoxville for that, but loooove it.

I dig Nashville. Downtown is not unlike the way 6th St in Austin used to be, or Bourbon St in New Orleans is. Killer players, great music, good food...
But all the bachelorette parties, ugh.

Carters is a must visit when I'm in town.
My favorite part of TN is the great motorcycle rides, hiking and fishing. Gotta get more towards Knoxville for that, but loooove it.
lol…..there was at least two Bachelorette groups getting it on when I was there..

I went to Eastside today- You’re not kidding. Pedals galore. And Guitar Center is no joke. That platinum room is rediculous. Heading home tomorrow. I was trying to buy something on this trip and had the wife’s blessing. But honestly I played a lot of stuff and prefer my guitars. Closest considerations were a blue Jake e Lee Charvel, an SLO 30, and a Bogner Shiva.
where was the blue jake? was it used, Gruhn and Carter were my faves, Rumble Seat was super cool but the things for sale were insane prices and all the cool marshalls were not for sale LOL SBLUE works there I think cool dude, Gibson Garage is amazing BUT I just want to grab guitars and try them, having to ask to get a guitar down from rotating around the ceiling is really fucking irritating.

I just spent a week in Nashville last month. Probably took 2 full days hitting up music shops, which was awesome, but Rumble Seat frustrated me as well 😄 I ran across the same vintage Marshall stacks and inquired.

Asked for details on the orange Marshalls in the back corner - “Those belong to the owner, they’re actually not for sale.” Ah, got it. Checked out a side room with more Super Leads. Maybe one of these? Asked about those - “Oh, those are from the owners personal collection, they’re just for display.”

I couldn’t figure out what the hell was for sale and what wasn’t. The “display only” gear wasn’t marked that way, and it was just scattered all throughout the store. If you’re going to have unmarked “display only” gear, at least stick it all in one room for show so it’s easy to identify. I shouldn’t have to guess what is actually for sale. I got frustrated and left as well, haha.
Hah. Yep, those Marshall’s are all still there. Just sitting

where was the blue jake? was it used, Gruhn and Carter were my faves, Rumble Seat was super cool but the things for sale were insane prices and all the cool marshalls were not for sale LOL SBLUE works there I think cool dude, Gibson Garage is amazing BUT I just want to grab guitars and try them, having to ask to get a guitar down from rotating around the ceiling is really fucking irritating.
The Jake is at Eastside. Played nice and sounded good

This. I live outside of Nashville and I really like staying in my little shire to not fight the city. But I agree, Todd’s place is cool. Guy knows his stuff- that’s where my amps go for healthcare.
Yeah, Todd put together a premiere guitar shop over at Cools Springs, (Lane Music), top gear, pool table, good vibe but the owners pulled the plug on it. I'm sure he's upgrading Sam Ash the same way now plus another friend of mine Marty Pelto who's got a youtube channel up and running I believe is working there as well. Both great guitarists. Shared many of the area stages with those guys back in the day.

Honestly the only place I really go to now is GuitarEffectsPedals, love that place. And I pop in at GC and Carters every now and then. In fact just in Carters last week but that whole area is a mess. Nashville is a mess with constant contruction.

Back