Interesting way to set up a SLO 100

I actually like it . I feel weird after reading you all hate it ,
same here. this would DEFINITELY work in the mix (depending on the mix and context of course, primarily depends on the bass guitar sound).

not the sound you choose for noodling while around the house, but in the mix - more guitarists should think in this direction
for reference - listen to this:

it's bassier, but not by much

not the sound you choose for noodling while around the house, but in the mix

this is why i think more "in the room" guys like SLO's, the lower mid hump and and kind of dry darker top end i usually hear im sure fills in a room nicely without being fatiguing, but i hear it and say thats not gonna work in a mix.

this is why i think more "in the room" guys like SLO's, the lower mid hump and and kind of dry darker top end i usually hear im sure fills in a room nicely without being fatiguing, but i hear it and say thats not gonna work in a mix.
I like the highs but n this a lot too . Makes me want an slo again

Not the speakers fault, it's the extreme settings. It's a fizz-fest.
If you're to crank anything, crank the Mids. Add Treble and Presence to get the bite.
I don't understand using the Depth control at all. All it does is eat away the other frequencies. Turn it off and dial in whatever low end you need w/ the Bass control. It's NEVER going to sound like a Marshall.
Yeah, the Depth control is just for in the room feel and fun at lower volume. I wouldn’t use it at band volume or when recording. And for people saying you need those extreme setting for an SLO to cut in a mix…..😂

Not the speakers fault, it's the extreme settings. It's a fizz-fest.
If you're to crank anything, crank the Mids. Add Treble and Presence to get the bite.
I don't understand using the Depth control at all. All it does is eat away the other frequencies. Turn it off and dial in whatever low end you need w/ the Bass control. It's NEVER going to sound like a Marshall.
The Crunch on the SLO is a JCM 800 more or less.

Back