What wah pedal do you use?

Mxr CAE wah.
I've always used my 2 og EH crying tones but decided to step into this century.
The cae has just enough adjustment and tweakability for me.

Been using one of the OG Fulltone Clyde Deluxe units for a LONG time. Bitch is, it's gotten noisy. Too noisy to keep on my board. Sent *several* emails to Mike/Support re: getting a new pot that I could solder in - nada. Nothing.

It's my fave wah, but maybe that's just because it's been my only wah. If I don't get some positive action from the Fuller camp reasonably soon? I'm in the market for a decent wah - so this thread could not have come at a better time. I'm not a monster wah user, but when I do use it, it needs to be excellent with both single coil and humbucker equipped fiddles. That's what I loved about the Clyde Deluxe - options. But this thread may have me shift into a new product...

I have heard very good things about the aforementioned MXR CAE unit. It might be time.

I was using the Dunlop Dime Wah full time until I got the fractal FX8 and now use the Wah in there. But I use the Dime as my backup or when I am not using the FX8.

Been using one of the OG Fulltone Clyde Deluxe units for a LONG time. Bitch is, it's gotten noisy. Too noisy to keep on my board. Sent *several* emails to Mike/Support re: getting a new pot that I could solder in - nada. Nothing.

It's my fave wah, but maybe that's just because it's been my only wah. If I don't get some positive action from the Fuller camp reasonably soon? I'm in the market for a decent wah - so this thread could not have come at a better time. I'm not a monster wah user, but when I do use it, it needs to be excellent with both single coil and humbucker equipped fiddles. That's what I loved about the Clyde Deluxe - options. But this thread may have me shift into a new product...

I have heard very good things about the aforementioned MXR CAE unit. It might be time.
Did you clean the pot inside? May not need a replacement. I got one for cheap a guy sold for being noisy I think. Cleaned it up and zero noise at all. Have had it for a bit and it is the best sounding wah I've ever used.

Did you clean the pot inside? May not need a replacement. I got one for cheap a guy sold for being noisy I think. Cleaned it up and zero noise at all. Have had it for a bit and it is the best sounding wah I've ever used.
I've opened it up, De-Oxit'ed it, checked all connections, checked the spindle, it just hums like a mofo. What did you do to get yours all sorted out?? PM is fine if ya wanna take this offline - I'm interested to know - cuz the Clyde Deluxe is by no means a cheap stomp to just relegate into the "oh well too noisy" bin IMHO.

Only the classic for me.
Just got rid of the old one i had from the 70s.

New one is much improved and so much quieter. Better sweep and has external jack

I added an LED. Simple mod.
I think every wah should have one.

Cant count how many times i thought i clicked it off and it wasn't

I've opened it up, De-Oxit'ed it, checked all connections, checked the spindle, it just hums like a mofo. What did you do to get yours all sorted out?? PM is fine if ya wanna take this offline - I'm interested to know - cuz the Clyde Deluxe is by no means a cheap stomp to just relegate into the "oh well too noisy" bin IMHO.
I literally just did what was in this video and it fixed it right up. Yours may have something different going on!

Back