TOOL Last Night...

angelspade

Went to TOOL last night in Los Angeles. These guys still have it. Sounded amazing, incredibly tight performance. Adam had two silverfaced Diezel VH4s and his Marshall (no Recto or blueface VH4). No channel changes, volume knob only to clean up and swell. He played his Gibson Flying V quite a bit throughout the set, along with his Silverburst LPCs and an LPC with a bigsby that I had not seen previously. Those Diezel mids were really unmistakable in the mix. Great show.

Last edited:
A saw them a few weeks ago in Dallas - top 5 show all time for me. Probably the loudest large venue show I've ever seen but you could still hear everything clear as a bell. Probably helps that I was basically right in front of the sound guys all night.

Interesting that he didn't have his blueface in LA - he used it in Dallas along with a silverface and his old Marshall.

A saw them a few weeks ago in Dallas - top 5 show all time for me. Probably the loudest large venue show I've ever seen but you could still hear everything clear as a bell. Probably helps that I was basically right in front of the sound guys all night.

Interesting that he didn't have his blueface in LA - he used it in Dallas along with a silverface and his old Marshall.
The overall clarity was unreal...

I think Danny will be playing well for a long time. It's not like he's playing blast beats for 90 minutes. you can groove and play complicated drum parts for a long time. Look at Vinnie Colaiuta.

Seen them a few months back. Light show was incredible. Singer stayed back in the shadows the whole night. As I understand it he has some type of extreme sensitivity to bright lights causing vertigo or something like that. He slung a few insults on the audience around cell phones. Not much of a fan, one and out for me.

I was there the 14th on the first LA show and can confirm no blueface… wondering if they have a B rig within the US but that seems a bit much.

I went and seen them a couple weeks ago in Phoenix . Excellent show. Tones and mix was great. Although, I wasn’t as familiar with their newer album , which was what they played primarily. Yes, two VH4’s and a Marshall is what I observed as well.

Back