Mesa Fillmore's

griff10672

I've been looking for a non- " High Gain " head to add to my gear ...... was looking at older Fender's but don't want to deal with fully re capping or re building any section of the pre-amp etc .... that .....and I don't know enough about them to make a educated guess on which one to even try ...

I ran into this vid this morning and man ............ Mr.Timmons has that thing sounding so good ...... I might pull the trigger on a Fillmore 50 Head ....

anyone out there have any experience with the Fillmore's at all ??

Yeah but he makes everything sound killer. I’d like a lonestar classic, but would settle for a Fillmore for a good price. The drive channel on the Fillmore didn’t impress me much, but neither did the lonestar’s to be honest

I’d put the Electra Dyne on your radar as well, they’re in the same ballpark tonally. Actually, the first thing I thought when I plugged a Strat into mine was “This sounds like something I’d see Andy Timmons with”

I snagged mine for $700 (head), they don’t seem to be a hugely popular amp. They do need to be cranked to get the goods out of them, which may have had something to do with that.

I had a Fillmore and it had outstanding vintage tones. I wouldn't hesitate if that what you're going for.
it's exactly what I'm looking for ...... something more vintage ( but still a bit hot rodded ) sounding
Yeah but he makes everything sound killer. I’d like a lonestar classic, but would settle for a Fillmore for a good price. The drive channel on the Fillmore didn’t impress me much, but neither did the lonestar’s to be honest
yeah he does ........ great player
I’d put the Electra Dyne on your radar as well, they’re in the same ballpark tonally. Actually, the first thing I thought when I plugged a Strat into mine was “This sounds like something I’d see Andy Timmons with”

I snagged mine for $700 (head), they don’t seem to be a hugely popular amp. They do need to be cranked to get the goods out of them, which may have had something to do with that.
I'm seeing the 50 watt heads go for 1200 -1500 at the moment ......

it's exactly what I'm looking for ...... something more vintage ( but still a bit hot rodded ) sounding

yeah he does ........ great player

I'm seeing the 50 watt heads go for 1200 -1500 at the moment ......
I just found an Electra Dyne combo local here in Phoenix for $650 - I traded a Tech 21 Fly Rig and $450 for it. This is a great amplifier and takes pedals great. It does best when loud but still sounds good when at bedroom volumes. The only bad thing is that it is one heavy beast.

I've been looking for a non- " High Gain " head to add to my gear ...... was looking at older Fender's but don't want to deal with fully re capping or re building any section of the pre-amp etc .... that .....and I don't know enough about them to make a educated guess on which one to even try ...

I ran into this vid this morning and man ............ Mr.Timmons has that thing sounding so good ...... I might pull the trigger on a Fillmore 50 Head ....

anyone out there have any experience with the Fillmore's at all ??

Look at Rivera amps. Some of the best Fenderish tones out there. They have many models that are focused solely on Clean.** From what I hear though, every Rivera has that beautiful clean section with their other channels having the different gain flavors if they have them.

I have the Electrodyne as my low gain amp as well . It’s killer . Soundgardens last album. King animal is mostly electrodyne . Even the gain

I have the Electrodyne as my low gain amp as well . It’s killer . Soundgardens last album. King animal is mostly electrodyne . Even the gain

It quickly surpassed my Shiva as my “not a metal amp” favorite. I’m mostly hanging on the Red channel and doing the volume knob thing, but the Blue takes pedals so damn well it’s hard not to just keep trying different ones with it.

I’m really curious how this amp would hold up in a live setting. I have no concerns about volume, but I get the idea the mids could easily not hold up in a live setting.

I didn’t know that about King Animal, I need to actually listen to that album.

It quickly surpassed my Shiva as my “not a metal amp” favorite. I’m mostly hanging on the Red channel and doing the volume knob thing, but the Blue takes pedals so damn well it’s hard not to just keep trying different ones with it.

I’m really curious how this amp would hold up in a live setting. I have no concerns about volume, but I get the idea the mids could easily not hold up in a live setting.

I didn’t know that about King Animal, I need to actually listen to that album.
I’ve used it live . It worked out excellent!

Back