NAD RedSeven Duality 100 RS

JpGerv

I’d been wanting to check one of these out for a while. One came around yesterday at an unbeatable price so I pulled the trigger. Haven’t hooked up my pedalboard yer but played straight in with a custom 24 for an hour.
I already know I’m in love with this amp.

Maybe not my main squeeze but it could become that.

I was able to dial in 3 evenly graduated channels from pure clean to heavy saturated tones. Eaoh channel has a 3 way bright switch that completely changes the aggression. Dual master volumes , additional boost on both the 2nd and 3rd channels.
This isn’t a metal amp , it probably has less gain than my wizard mtl .
I’d say this amp can do everything from jazz to sabbath and hair metal territory.
You can get some metal tones but the Leviathan is better suited for it.
I’ll be talking more about this amp and maybe shooting it out with my wizard in the next couple of months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
I’ve owned a leviathan and duality and both are pretty awesome- hoping the hybrid I have in the way does both justice

I’ve owned a leviathan and duality and both are pretty awesome- hoping the hybrid I have in the way does both justice
Yeah I like the idea of that amp. I bet it’s going to be pretty awesome.

I got the D100 hooked into my effects and switcher last night and played for an hour straight. I’m freaking loving this amp.
It’s sounds great and is forgiving compared to say the wizard
I didn’t need to turn on my attenuator once.
The master volumes on the back are really really good based on my first experience anyway.
I’m confused as to what the lower MV 2 actually does though. I tried it on all 3 channels , with the fx loop on and off but couldn’t detect any difference in SPL or effects blend levels .

Congrats on the Hybrid, I’ll be interested in hearing how you feel it stacks up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
A Leviathan has been on my list for a while but it just seems like an amp that I'll end up selling since it doesn't cover anything new or groundbreaking that I already have in my collection. Leviathan owners, am I wrong?

A Leviathan has been on my list for a while but it just seems like an amp that I'll end up selling since it doesn't cover anything new or groundbreaking that I already have in my collection. Leviathan owners, am I wrong?

I feel the same way. A shop was even blowing their stock out the other day...brand new for $2300 and I still couldn't bring myself to buy it. I may have if I didn't already have 8 amps though. lol

Congrats on the newamp…. Let’s hear a shoot out with the MTL!
The MTL is incredible, I’ve barley begun to scratch the surfaces of that amp.
The clean channel is unbelievably versatile.
With the pull gain MV knob in I get Fender twin high headroom cleans all the way to high saturation modded Marshall territory with the MV pulled out and gain up.
Eventually I’ll have some clips of these amps head to head .. They’re totally different beasts.. The Wizard is like 10 amps in one.. I literally play blue grass to trash rock and metal on that beast.

I feel the same way. A shop was even blowing their stock out the other day...brand new for $2300 and I still couldn't bring myself to buy it. I may have if I didn't already have 8 amps though. lol
I could have gotten the Leviathan for $2k and no tax from that same seller directly but I wanted the 3 channel versatility of the Duality.
You may find the Leviathan feels different but ultimately it may be redundant if you already own a metric shit ton of amps.

What I like about this Duality RS is channel one with the gain maxed is basically Fender tweed and Brown face territory. This is my experience with single coils.
I would have a hard time dialing this in on my other heads.
Channel 2 and 3 are similar , both channel 2 & 3 have footswitch operated boosts and more than enough gain on tap for most players if thats what you’re into.
I basically live on channel one and two. Having the 3rd channel is just a bonus.
To me the RedSeven sits somewhere between a modern and vintage amplifier.
The build quality is top notch and I love it.

It won’t be kicking the Wizard out if it’s stall but I like the RedSeven clean channel enough that it may kick out the AN Amiphonix & Gain

Back