Yamaha guitars are highly underrated

I would love to try a Revstar, but the way they redesigned them with the body slightly bigger doesn't quite appeal to me.

I have a hard time shaking off the preconceptions I have about Yamaha because I started on a Pacifica that I hated. It wasn't a terrible shell, but it did have the worst hardware it could. The biggest thing, I guess, is I was frustrated because I wanted a Les Paul, but my parents got me a Strat-type, which is kinda the polar opposite, LOL. It's silly, I know, but sometimes, it's hard to shake negative experiences off.

But I'd be willing to give the Revstars a try.
Well let me tell you for such a cheap instrument I'm very impressed by the Revstar element. The standard can only be better. Very good guitars, even the pickups in this thing are quite impressive. Very stable tuning and a very resonant instrument as well. I wonder if the chambering it has has something to do with how resonant it is?

I was watching John Browne's video on the Yamaha Revstar Professional RSP20 and it was cool to see it in a more metal context.

I noticed it's listed as having "Jumbo Stainless Steel" frets. Does anyone know if they're similar in size/dimensions to the kind you'll find on an ESP Eclipse or Horizon?

Guitars can be truly overrated just in general! I think of guitars like a tool for the musician. If you are a person that is working with tools all day long you would probably buy something that's reliable to get the job done right. Guitars are no different. Some are perceive better than others but are they really that much better!

Back