NAD wizard hellrazor

Yes clank is only there if you want it . The eq on this amp might be the most powerful on an amp . With the 3 gains and brights and presence the eq is astounding. The interaction between the brights and the gains plus regular eq weird at first but the more you mess with its great .
Agreed. It's not really clanky by default, but can be dialed in to be in that direction

Last edited:
This brings me wanting to date a Hell razor on the second hand budget market lol

Besides the clanky top end and higher amount of gain which HR exhibits... does the HR gets squealy when gain all maxed out being unusable ?
It's not really clanky by default unless dialed in more for that kind of sound. It's actually pretty versatile in that way where a bunch of different sounds can be had

20240224_131520.jpg

This thing absolutely fucks. I'm am legitimately blown away.

it has the same kind of open and dry thing with the kind of rolled off top end i hear in all wizard clips
My MTL can be set up to be much more saturated and aggressive in the highs. Getting the presence up to around 3-4 o’clock takes it next level aggressive. Listen to Sotiris’ MTL clips, he dials his in to it’s full potential. Mine sounds just like his clips in the room.

Last edited:
My MTL can be set up to be much more saturated and aggressive in the highs. Getting the presence up to around 4 o’clock takes it next level aggressive. Listen to Sotiris’ MTL clips, he dials his in to it’s full potential. Mine sounds just like his clips in the room.

His sound good, i don’t hear much “Marshall” though which is maybe where I get confused since I always see wizards compared to marshalls. I love my searing gain, seeing three gain controls and being described as super modern I got all excited, this dudes clip though is not what I was expecting

His sound good, i don’t hear much “Marshall” though which is maybe where I get confused since I always see wizards compared to marshalls. I love my searing gain, seeing three gain controls and being described as super modern I got all excited, this dudes clip though is not what I was expecting
You can really get anything out of it . It’s a very new type of amp . It’s not like the other wizards exactly. So not as Marshall at all

Yeah it sounds good, it’s just set up dark.
I’m not familiar with the HR, but the MTL isn’t really Marshally at all. It’s got much lower, Recto like mids.
The MC is the one that’s got a higher mid Marshall flavor.
Here’s Sotiris’ clip.

Back