Any PRS players here? Opinions?

It's good to know that a JB can be thrown in there and get a solid tone. I'd probably keep the neck pickup in one I got because I barely use the neck but the bridge would have to be changed I think.
Yeah, I am a big fan of the JB/59 and/or JB/Jazz in this particular PRS and also in my Les Paul Custom. In the PRS I also had the Suhr Aldrich set and the Duncan Custom SH5 and Pearly Gates neck. All sounded great and to these ears - better than the stock Dragon II's.

I’ve contemplated selling all of my guitars many times and just buying PRS’s. They are simply the best to me. It took me years and years to finally buy one, but every single time I’d pick one up i would think to myself why the fuck am I not playing nothing but these things. Just my opinion, I love them though especially the newer models.
Which PRS model do you have?

I had an S2 Singlecut. I thought it compared favorably to many Les Pauls I've had over the years. I've also had a few SE, an original Santana SE (when they were different shape), a Tremonti SE which was very nice too. They were all very solid well made guitars and sounded good, didn't sound exactly like anything else....which in my book is a good thing.
FullwCase.jpg

Love that black McCarty, what are those pickups in there and what is the little etched design on them?
Thanks man! That one and the Copperhead McCarty are my two favorite PRS's.

The black one is a 2022 Robben Ford McCarty. The design is his dojo symbol. They are killer pickups: in the PAF camp, but with alot of snap and attack.

John Christ used a flametop PRS for his rhythm tracks on Danzig released on August 30, 1988 while his 1983 BC Rich Bich was being repaired. Soon thereafter he started putting PRS pickups in his BC Rich Bich guitars.

Chris Poland's Return to Metalopolis. Yup

Last edited:
Cool video, I guess that answers the question about being able to do metal and shred on PRS. I like his videos, he’s a big Gary Moore fan and has some good covers, incredible pipes too.
I agree!
It's cool Tommy got Gary's white PRS! Just to see how much he genuinely appreciates the opportunity to own it and rip away on it is very cool!

It’s not the guitar. It’s the player. It’s the VS mindset. When there are so many choices why limit yourself.
I thought the same about PRS myself for a long time. Then a buddy came over to try out an amp and he brought his PRS with. I ended up playing it and I had a moment of wow this is a nice guitar. It was a plain top SC58. I have lots of other guitars too.

Back