Ground Zero Ampworks modded Mesa Triple Rectifier Rev G

I’m fairly positive it’ll have the same result on a 3 channel. I just haven’t had the time to test on one. The R&D process for this one alone was at least 50 hours. So it’s hard to squeeze them in between builds etc…

I just happened to pick up a Rev G that my buddy was selling. So that’s the first version to get developed.

It’s surprising that Rev G’s are getting harder to find. They made 1,000’s and 1,000’s of them. I remember a few years ago they were $900 all day long.
If you ever want or need a donor amp, I can Provide. Of course I would pay too. I don’t expect anything for free

It’s weird man. Recto’s really have such a unique sound, I’m not sure I like them modded, even though technically, they are tighter, etc. I think it’s because it makes them more like any other well tuned, modern high gain amp, and they lose what makes them kind of fun and goofy in their own way.

The rev C crew never heard anything like that.
Well, in all honesty a C is still a Recto, that seems to be combined with a bit of darker SLO DNA. Still has that huge wall of sound; if you want it but the feel of a C+ which is kinda crazy when you think about it...but it doesn't need a boost like the other Recto revisions do.

Jeremy's Recto mod is killer, but it sounds very different and more modded Marshall than keeping the Recto DNA. Which, of course is a very cool thing and I like it a lot.
But it's very different sounding than the C I had.

Well, in all honesty a C is still a Recto, that seems to be combined with a bit of darker SLO DNA. Still has that huge wall of sound; if you want it but the feel of a C+ which is kinda crazy when you think about it...but it doesn't need a boost like the other Recto revisions do.

Jeremy's Recto mod is killer, but it sounds very different and more modded Marshall than keeping the Recto DNA. Which, of course is a very cool thing and I like it a lot.
But it's very different sounding than the C I had.

Oddly enough it’s not very Marshall in person. But I can see where it seems that way. I was very careful not to make it a Marshall-esque circuit. I played a recto recently that was modded by a well known guy and it sounded absolutely nothing like a recto. The entire character was changed.

I do alter the preamp filtering a bit to make it tighter. I experimented with going even further with the filtering, but the amp started sounding more like a Mesa Mark. I think recto guys will want the recto sound/ feel to stay intact so I didn’t go that route. It’s a fine balance. The “true” recto sound is flubby and fizzy at the same time. So removing that will somewhat alter the true character. But I think it’s pretty close still.

I didn’t take your comment as offensive nor am I offended at all. Just wanted to throw that info out there…

I'm gonna do it...

1993-REVF.jpg

Back