100W tube amps that are raw, open and uncompressed?

Orange Rocker 30
Rivera M/S Series…The SL or Super Lead channel brings the bark. The focus control allows control of rawness via negative feedback. Two pull gains add compression and overdrive respectively. Both out does the plexi thing. Open the master and it’s open sounding.
I owned a Rivera M100 as well as a K-TRE and I can see why you say it is open and uncompressed and can be made so depending on how you set it up....so yeah I concur with your finding. Rivera's are quite unique IMHO.

I owned a Rivera M100 as well as a K-TRE and I can see why you say it is open and uncompressed and can be made so depending on how you set it up....so yeah I concur with your finding. Rivera's are quite unique IMHO.
Tube dependent too. Stock Siemens dimple top EL-34’s compress and flub cranked. JJ’s keep going. E34L’s just get meaner and bigger but the KT77’s bring the Recto bottom.

Jcm 2203
I would say potentially these 3,if you set them accordingly, with none of the boosts,or extra toggles and switches engaged:
Vht clx
Vht ultra lead
Friedman be 100 deluxe( if no extra switches on,otherwise it does compress)

Reactions: rsm
1709061869679.png

Tube dependent too. Stock Siemens dimple top EL-34’s compress and flub cranked. JJ’s keep going. E34L’s just get meaner and bigger but the KT77’s bring the Recto bottom.
Hmm, not the case at all with the Rivera TBR 1SL I had....came stock with Rivera labelled Siemens 34s and they sounded killer at all volumes, no flub at all....I attribute a flubby EL34 to the JJ EL34L all day. THAT tube is flubby with any amp I've tried them in(with one exception, a Wizard MC), and pulled shortly after. Siemens 34s are my fav 34, over vintage Mullard and even Winged Cs which are my 2nd fave. The mids in the Siemens are special.

Back