NAD wizard hellrazor

My MTL can be set up to be much more saturated and aggressive in the highs. Getting the presence up to around 3-4 o’clock takes it next level aggressive. Listen to Sotiris’ MTL clips, he dials his in to it’s full potential. Mine sounds just like his clips in the room.
I can’t speak for the HR, but as you know you can definitely get a wide array of tones out of the MTL as well.
Ya it’s truly amazing . MTL2 and Hermanson 5 gain stage are my favs . I just don’t know the HR yet but it’s pretty awesome

His sound good, i don’t hear much “Marshall” though which is maybe where I get confused since I always see wizards compared to marshalls. I love my searing gain, seeing three gain controls and being described as super modern I got all excited, this dudes clip though is not what I was expecting
Wizards don’t really sound like Marshall’s IME. They’re imo their own thing. Some describe it as something in between a Marshall and Hiwatt. The Hell Razor clips I heard so far don’t at all do the amp justice, but Sotiris’s MTL clip was very good

I don’t hear my Hell Razor as super modern, but it has more than enough tightness, attack and gain to go there, but it’s not compressed, filtered or cardboardy sounding the way modern amps typically are. It’s maybe too raw (like other wizards) to be what I think of as very modern like say the Uber Ultra, Omega’s, KSR’s

Last edited:
I have been going down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole around the Hell Razor, and I checked out a bunch of your clips.

IMO the best sounding Wizard was your 50 watt MTL. That thing just sounds angry.

Might consider one of these at some point
It’s pretty damn good . 3 gains that eq , regular eq,plus brights and a boost . Endless possibilities.
I was playing ACDC with like canibal corpse gain level and the chords are so crystal clear still

I have been going down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole around the Hell Razor, and I checked out a bunch of your clips.

IMO the best sounding Wizard was your 50 watt MTL. That thing just sounds angry.

Might consider one of these at some point
My Hell Razor KT150 is definitely more aggressive than the MTL 100 I had, but I agree the best Wizard clips I heard so far were of Sotiris's MTL 50, but eventually we'll probably get some Hell Razor clips that do the amp justice. The ones I've heard so far don't seem much like what I get out of mine

It’s pretty damn good . 3 gains that eq , regular eq,plus brights and a boost . Endless possibilities.
I was playing ACDC with like canibal corpse gain level and the chords are so crystal clear still
That's maybe for me too the biggest highlight of the amp. For how much gain is there, I don't think I've tried another amp yet with as much clarity, note definition or openness. My Hermansson's are still a bit tighter and sharper in attack, but with the Hell Razor the individual notes come out even more distinctly on fast stuff and on machine gun-ish type palm mutes

@braintheory

Not sure if this has been asked, but how's the master volume control on that 150w HR?
It seems to possibly vary on the amp. On my KT150 HR the volume is more gradual and can be decent at more moderate levels, starts getting very loud after 9 'O Clock or so, but I tried another HR KT150 of another guy on here that got super loud already at like 1/10 lol. The MV on mine is very similar to how it was on my 2016 MTL 100w EL34

That's maybe for me too the biggest highlight of the amp. For how much gain is there, I don't think I've tried another amp yet with as much clarity, note definition or openness. My Hermansson's are still a bit tighter and sharper in attack, but with the Hell Razor the individual notes come out even more distinctly on fast stuff and on machine gun-ish type palm mutes
Hell razor got a lot of that

My Hell Razor KT150 is definitely more aggressive than the MTL 100 I had, but I agree the best Wizard clips I heard so far were of Sotiris's MTL 50, but eventually we'll probably get some Hell Razor clips that do the amp justice. The ones I've heard so far don't seem much like what I get out of mine
I hope to get my clips soon . Still getting to know it

Back