Gibson have lost their minds 🤣

I don't think it will be 100. But if they can sell Adam jones flying vs for 20, they can sell a Jimmy page double neck for more....

I’m trying to imagine some old timer with money thinking they could pass this to their kid for an investment. Because by the time they figure out how to play TSRTS through the Arthritis they’ll be dead.

Boomers with only a couple years of playing left in them and a whole lotta money will grab these.

I genuinely wonder what the gear world is going to look like once they’re out of the game.
And don't underestimate how much money some of these Boomers have. They are the generation that REALLY got to live the "American Dream".

As for the gear landscape once they are gone? On to making money off of Gen X I suppose. Plenty of Gen X'ers and older millennials with expendable income now who grew up with guitar heroes. The craziness over Adam Jones' gear is a good example.

Back in the day I woulda fucked a dead rabbit for a double neck Rick like the one Geddy Lee played. I've been told they only made 10 of them. If I was rich I'd definitely pop $100k for one now with zero shame. Answer this to yourself...who is your favorite musician and if you were wealthy, would you pop big for his rare and iconic guitar model? I'd be wiping the rabbit shit off my dick for sure.

Back in the day I woulda fucked a dead rabbit for a double neck Rick like the one Geddy Lee played. I've been told they only made 10 of them. If I was rich I'd definitely pop $100k for one now with zero shame. Answer this to yourself...who is your favorite musician and if you were wealthy, would you pop big for his rare and iconic guitar model? I'd be wiping the rabbit shit off my dick for sure.
Yup -If that's what you want go for it . I never thought I'd live to be older but we'll all get there. If not the alternative is not good. There's alot of things in life that may not be really a financially sound decision but it brings people joy in their lives.

Surely there’s a Chinese knockoff that’s pretty damn good? 100K is what you start to pay (or bid) for an original one that the fucker actually played or had on tour as a backup.

I just don't understand the business strategy if it is hypothetically $100K. You can sell 1 guitar for $100K to a very, very limited pool of buyers or 20 $5K guitars to a broader group of buyers (albeit still limited as not every guitar player is willing to spend $5K on a guitar), 50 at $2K etc.

I guess Gibson sees it as it is worth putting time and effort to put out these ultra expensive, collector-like guitars.

Doctor's and lawyers who know 3 chords but have more money than they know what to do with it will scoop these up. Yes, its a cash grab for Gibson but if people are that willing to pay for them what can I say.. except I think its fucking insane.

I just don't understand the business strategy if it is hypothetically $100K. You can sell 1 guitar for $100K to a very, very limited pool of buyers or 20 $5K guitars to a broader group of buyers (albeit still limited as not every guitar player is willing to spend $5K on a guitar), 50 at $2K etc.

I guess Gibson sees it as it is worth putting time and effort to put out these ultra expensive, collector-like guitars.
For what it costs Gibson to make, if they don’t make very many a d sell just a few at a retarded high price, it probably works out in their favor pretty nicely.

average working joes stuff usually goes to the garbage dump. Rich peoples to the auction.

IMO a Picasso would be a great investment on the other hand a Jimmy page double neck copy not so much. That is if I were rich. I think they’re just testing people’s IQ. Amount of money vs number of brain cells.

Good for them if they can sell them. It’s a business.

Back