New My Dying Bride song

I was listening to them in the late 90s/early 2000s but went off in different directions after..

I do like this one though, reminds me of the 90s.

Musically they have always been very very close to being my favourite band but Aarons vocals have always just missed the mark for me so they fall into the "their ok" zone ... I really really really want to like this more but the same issues are their for me.. I thought they got really close to what I have hoped for on "the ghost of orion" so maybe this album will finally get there

Musically they have always been very very close to being my favourite band but Aarons vocals have always just missed the mark for me so they fall into the "their ok" zone ... I really really really want to like this more but the same issues are their for me.. I thought they got really close to what I have hoped for on "the ghost of orion" so maybe this album will finally get there
He was fantastic on the earlier stuff, but I agree his vocals in recent years lack something.

The Angel and the Dark River is one of my all-time favorites when it comes to the gothic-tinged doom stuff. It’s kind of sad they peaked IMO early on but they have put out a number of good albums since the 2000’s that are worth listening to.

I understand the point regarding his voice, it's an acquired taste. But how can you love The Angel and the Dark River and not like this song? I find quite a lot of similarities, especially in this voice.

My personal favourites are Like Gods of the Sun, The Ghost of Orion and I quite like 34%... Complete, but that is something a bit different.

But enough about his voice. Those guitar harmonies are fucking killer!

I do not like that at all. It's like the song never really got going or went anywhere. It didn't seem to have any direction, which is disappointing.

Back