Joined Club Wizard

I'd like to have a Wizard one day, but I am not in a place I can even crank one of my current amps I already have, let alone purchase and crank another amp :( Happy NAD.

Hi,
I’m new to the site. I have stable of Germino and Dr z amps and I recently discovered Wizard amps. They are the best amps that I’ve ever played and I’ve been playing for 40 years in various bands.

I have a newer 100 watt W800 and MC II as well as a MC25.

I’m thinking about buying a MTL hybrid. Can someone please give me some insight on this amp compared to the other amps I have?

I play on a band that does classic rock stuff (thin lizzy, stones, etc.) but at home it’s nice to plug and chug to harder stuff, i.e. Tool.

Thanks!

Hi,
I’m new to the site. I have stable of Germino and Dr z amps and I recently discovered Wizard amps. They are the best amps that I’ve ever played and I’ve been playing for 40 years in various bands.

I have a newer 100 watt W800 and MC II as well as a MC25.

I’m thinking about buying a MTL hybrid. Can someone please give me some insight on this amp compared to the other amps I have?

I play on a band that does classic rock stuff (thin lizzy, stones, etc.) but at home it’s nice to plug and chug to harder stuff, i.e. Tool.

Thanks!

I’d say get a regular MTL over the hybrid. The depth will give you something with a little more low end and be more different than what you already have. The MC2 can do all the tones from the bands you mentioned. Stick a Wizard Leopard in front of it if you want more gain.

Thanks!
Makes sense as the MTL Hybrid is nearly the same as the MC II only with more saturation on tap in the preamp section.

IMG_8570.jpeg

Back