I just lost my faith in Slayer…

I’ve hung out with a few versions of corpse and they are the most boring normal band I’ve met . It s shocking
An old friend of mine used to run a web zine, around 2008'ish. I went with her to interview Alex Webster once, and George answered the tour bus door in his pajamas eating a banana. They had a little TV playing old Star Trek episodes I think it was.

Super nice guys. I'd probably seen them live 3-4x at that point.

Definitely, considering what a vigorous lovemaker George Michael was purported to be.
An old friend of mine used to run a web zine, around 2008'ish. I went with her to interview Alex Webster once, and George answered the tour bus door in his pajamas eating a banana. They had a little TV playing old Star Trek episodes I think it was.

They are really good guys

Nice work, detective, you really cracked this case wide open!

Slayer have always been completely transparent about not being practicing Satanists, Nazis, murderers, chicken fuckers, etc, but simply tellers of dark, scary stories and nothing more.
King and Hanneman were the main writers and were atheists. Their satanic/nazi imagery was used to shock, offend, and enhance their image and lyrical content, and I’d say it worked brilliantly.

George is known for being one of the biggest sweethearts in the business.

Gosh, why is everybody so serious?

Got to love Tom yelling “Hail Satan” all those times during his career.

Just had to say a few Hail Mary’s in a Texas cathedral for misleading the youth and he’s golden.

Reminds me of Prince Andrew. Prince Andrew, btw, is a British royal. He may have screwed a few underage girls, but at the end of the day, he’s still a wonderful British royal because he denied everything.

God save the Queen, I mean it man.

And hey, Slayer themselves sang this to me and I believe the words have meaning.

“Jesus Saves, listen to you pray, you think the pearly gates will greet you, as death takes you away.”

PS: this is just a take on what I found was a hilarious interview. Slayer doesn’t like men who look like girls/women? Hey, for a second there, I though, “me too!”

But saying that in this day and age would be wrong, son. So I’ll just say, I like men who look like girls and women.

Then I can be just like Slayer. >{)

Someone tell that to Kerry King. He's a member of the church of Satan, iirc. Saying that you don't believe it but sing it anyway is like firing a gun into empty space and then saying you're not responsible if anyone dies if it hits them because you had no target in mind.

Anyway, like I said, I think it's a cover up. Old Uncle Tom going straight.
Big difference in your analogy

1709320906908.jpeg

:thumbsup:

When I was a kid I’d put the Slayer cassette on the dresser next to the Stryper cassette, walk out of the room and let them battle it out.
My First Job was at a Toy store when i was 15 & we had this display of Teddy Ruxpin.....i would always put a slayer cassette in it & hit play to scare the customers. The Best part is the display was on the top of the shelving so that little kids couldn't mess with it and break the damn doll.

Last edited:
Everything geta analyzed to death these days, especially looking backwards. Who cares? Their music wasn't certainly something anyone was playing at a wedding. The bands that dabbled in stuff like that were not always these super scary bands, like Blue Oyster Cult.

I think we can all agree that the Black Metal scene made Slayer sound like Poison.

I must be one of the few people that literally never listen to the lyrics. Unless they are really clear. How does everyone even understand what metal singers are saying? You must be looking up the lyrics. I don’t have time for that shit.

Also, if you base your beliefs, are influenced to practise satanism, etc. on a metal bands lyrics. I don’t think anybody can help you.

Well, let’s see… I wonder how many people Slayer got into Satanism back in the good old days
Exactly why I’ve never listened to them. They are either clowns or pandering to clowns.
Or people that understand that music is entertainment, and entertainers may portray certain images that differ from who they are offstage. You do understand that musicians and actors aren’t necessarily who they appear to be during their performances, right? Slayer never pretended to be what they wrote about or portrayed on stage, and were always transparent about that.
Listening to Slayer was the musical equivalent to watching the Exorcist, Evil Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, etc. It’s all entertainment, lighten up Francis.

Last edited:
Ex
I must be one of the few people that literally never listen to the lyrics. Unless they are really clear. How does everyone even understand what metal singers are saying? You must be looking up the lyrics. I don’t have time for that shit.

Also, if you base your beliefs, are influenced to practise satanism, etc. on a metal bands lyrics. I don’t think anybody can help you.
Exactly. If you base your religious or philosophical beliefs on what a metal band is preaching, you’re a gullible automaton. And if it wasn’t metal, it’d be something else.

Or people that understand that music is entertainment, and entertainers may portray certain images that differ from who they are offstage. You do understand that musicians and actors aren’t necessarily who they appear to be during their performances, right? Slayer never pretended to be what they wrote about or portrayed on stage, and were always transparent about that.
Listening to Slayer was the musical equivalent to watching the Exorcist, Evil Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, etc. It’s all entertainment, lighten up Francis.
I’m not saying they shouldn’t exist, just a weird vibe to me. I’ve seen White and Rob Zombie multiple times…for some reason Slayer seems more ‘serious’ about the whole act to me. And that tends to draw fans serious about that act and those aren’t people I want to hang with. To each their own—I draw the line with Nazis and Satan. But rock on, I’m far from offended

Back