My local Sam Ash is closing :(

The one I used to live by almost always had better used gear than Guitar Center and the guys who worked there were a lot more helpful. Well, at least that was true…oh god…15 years ago or so.

I read they were closing a bunch of stores.
Yeah it's been that way for a while. They've been closing one by one over here in Cali. After COVID, the stores inventories got really shitty. I will say their staff seems to be way more knowledgeable and hold a different standard than GC.

Yeah it's been that way for a while. They've been closing one by one over here in Cali. After COVID, the stores inventories got really shitty. I will say their staff seems to be way more knowledgeable and hold a different standard than GC.

Yeah, they definitely had way less in stock than they used to have. Staff was definitely better than GC, a couple of them been there as long as I can remember going there since the 90s

Last time I was in a Sam ash I got yelled at for cranking on a 5150 iii original with a 5150 iii evh cab in their enclosed guitar sonic room because an employee was trying to coerce two parents to buy a starter guitar/amp on the main floor.

Little did they know I had $3k cash in my pocket.

I walked to the main desk. Flashed the cash to the next employee. He asked what I needed help with and smiled like he was about to make a sale. I told him he just lost my business because a starter guitar is more important than my time using a sound room as a sound room. Got my shit and walked out.

And I never went back.

Clearwater just announced it's closing...
That was a nice store. Set up in an old luxury restaurant complete with pillars and marble floors and very high ceilings if I recall correctly. Went in there many a time when I lived in St. Pete. Was def better than GC but Mad Music on central av used to be my go-to guitar shop until they kept downsizing with fewer guitars and amps. When I got there in '03 they used to have sweet deals all the time and had a ton of used gear. $350 dollar used faded Gibson Vs. Pedals. Pickups. Tubes. Those days seem like some kind of weird pipe dream now that everything has the joker pricing....

In the 70's and 80's the Sam Ash in Hempstead, NY was an amazing place. We were like kids in a Candy Store. A few blocks away was Gracins, another awesome place.

I forgot about Gracins
Thats a blast from the past
1709392804560.jpeg

My local Cleveland area Sam Ash is still open.

On a related note, I also have a new Shure Wireless coming soon. I didn't even know there was a plus model before you guys and your stupid wireless thread. Thanks.

That was a nice store. Set up in an old luxury restaurant complete with pillars and marble floors and very high ceilings if I recall correctly. Went in there many a time when I lived in St. Pete. Was def better than GC but Mad Music on central av used to be my go-to guitar shop until they kept downsizing with fewer guitars and amps. When I got there in '03 they used to have sweet deals all the time and had a ton of used gear. $350 dollar used faded Gibson Vs. Pedals. Pickups. Tubes. Those days seem like some kind of weird pipe dream now that everything has the joker pricing....
Holy crap, i remember going there once a year when i came to visit my parents in Hollywood in the early 90's, i drove across FL to go there. Man, what a store!!!!!

That place was huge and had stock like crazy.

Nice memories man. Damn.

Dang. Better get over the Dallas store and see if they're closing. Not sure how they stay open with so many GCs around here, 2 of which are great.

Back