Looks like Grover is back

Cool interview, Ive never heard Grover actually speak on much of anything ever, but its good relevant history non the less..
He made some guitars that I truly loved back in the day, one was stolen from a friend I had loaned it to for a show and one I had until I sold it like an idiot years ago. The necks on the real Jacksons from then were amazing. He was very very good at what he did but that Floyd- esq tremolo he released was not up to the level of everything else he had ever done. It was good for a short time then it would start developing metal fatigue issues and ultimately turn to shit due to the pot metal it was made of instead of steel like the real Floyds. He made some great pickups too. Id love to play one of the Rocket guitars, but dam I hate that headstock :LOL:

The headstock falls short compared to the rest of the guitar. I’m guessing the feel of the guitar will be similar to the Friedman Cali, which I own two and love them both. It’s a bit of an unusual partnership with J Rockett. Friedman made more sense being that’s the guy you think of now if you’re into that 80’s tone and vibe.

So apparently Grover is from Chattanooga, TN, my hometown. My friend that builds/refinishes guitars posted a picture on his FB where he got a selfish with Grover when he was in town the other day and got him to sign his granite finished Jackson guitars from the 90s.

MV5BNTdhODMyODAtNzUwYS00ZmM4LWEyYWMtMmE4NzQ2ZTY2ZGRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Cool interview, Ive never heard Grover actually speak on much of anything ever, but its good relevant history non the less..
He made some guitars that I truly loved back in the day, one was stolen from a friend I had loaned it to for a show and one I had until I sold it like an idiot years ago. The necks on the real Jacksons from then were amazing. He was very very good at what he did but that Floyd- esq tremolo he released was not up to the level of everything else he had ever done. It was good for a short time then it would start developing metal fatigue issues and ultimately turn to shit due to the pot metal it was made of instead of steel like the real Floyds. He made some great pickups too. Id love to play one of the Rocket guitars, but dam I hate that headstock :LOL:
Yep, those JT6 trems aren't very reliable. I have a few here that I changed out for real OFRs. I scored an 86 Jackson San Dimas a few yrs back for a steal; it's my fav over all the vintage Charvels/Jacksons I've had over the years. I think they used OFRs in 86-87 then started using that JT6. It does add a nice mid bark but they don't hold up to heavy use.
Pointy HS for the win.

I get that Grover is an icon in the guitar world.... but can someone explain how these are work $4k more than a Charvel ProMod San Dimas?

Reactions: Geo
It's hard to build and finish a guitar without a nick or scratch. I feel like that alone adds to the cost of building a nice guitar.

But somehow some people feel as though they can sell you a guitar that is beat to shit for 5k.

No thanks.

Back