Any of you using a room reverb plugin when recording?

Soundstorm

Just curious what you guys are using. I like to have a bit of room sound in the mix but I haven't found anything I really like yet.

IK Multimedia Sunset Sound
I've been interested in this one and Valhalla room for awhile. I've tried mostly the UAD stuff- Ocean Way and Sound City studio. I find they always just smear the sound more than my liking. I'd like something more subtle, like if you had a U87 10ft away and just barely blended it in.

I've been interested in this one and Valhalla room for awhile. I've tried mostly the UAD stuff- Ocean Way and Sound City studio. I find they always just smear the sound more than my liking. I'd like something more subtle, like if you had a U87 10ft away and just barely blended it in.
A lot of the speaker/mic impulse responses have a "room mic" as an option.. as you describe here.

Not the same as a reverb plugin, but they do have a "sound".

Gives you some "space", as opposed to a close mic'ed IR

A lot of the speaker/mic impulse responses have a "room mic" as an option.. as you describe here.

Not the same as a reverb plugin, but they do have a "sound".

Gives you some "space", as opposed to a close mic'ed IR
Yeah some of the ones I have do that, but not the current one I use which is GGD Cali. Killer sounding IR plugin though.

Back