Anthrax Spreading The Disease tone JCM 800

I remember getting a pretty similar tone to this with a Marshall VS30, which is an amp I basically hated. I even used a SD-1 like the guy in this clip did. Really only problem with that is it was way too noisy, prone to feedback.

Crazy thing is a headfirst alta can get there but better! I've gone full circle of trying every boutique head trying to be a marshall then got a JMP, then heard the alta and got it and it is 100% Marshall but with so many tone shaping tools and the brite caps to add the best boosts internally-unlike any other major brand out there :m17:

Side note I met the Anthrax chaps in SF in 87 on the ATL tour. Really awkward because they all show up at the Record vault for a signing way before we paid for meet and greets. Well the promoters must not have advertised it because my buddies and I were 4 of 8 people there. o_O

Great playing in the video. Didn't Scott Ian and Danny Spitz use a TC Electronics Sustain/Parametric EQ box before their amp heads?
https://reverb.com/item/80207405-tc-electronic-sustain-parametric-equalization-1980s-black

IMG_ED5519172C3B-1.jpeg

Back