What are the hot guitars these days?

Other than lopping off the head and chunks of the body, I'm having a hard time envisioning how a Strandberg is more ergonomic that a standard strat or LP shape. But I've never played a Strandberg and rarely play sitting down. I'm standing or at worst leaning against a desk. So ergonomics have a different definition to me. I find larger bodied guitars most comfortable.
The way it's designed it sits best resting in between your legs in the classical position. Those cutouts they have on the bottom make it to where it pretty much sits at a 45 while there. The Endurneck design gets mixed opinions. On the 7 I found the neck too wide and angular and actually caused my hand to cramp up for the first time with any guitar I've owned. On the 6 I think it's perfect. I do a lot of sitting while playing and recording at my computer so it's much more comfortable in that position than any other guitar I own. Partly because of it's shape but also it's weight and balance. The sound and the playability are also incredible for something so small. I travel for work constantly and it's made having a quality sounding travel rig with my laptop and small Apogee interface possible. Like I can get studio quality takes with that rig anywhere. I wouldn't necessarily take it on stage because I think they look kind of goofy especially when you're in your 40's with a dad bod, but for my purposes it was a great buy.

I have a recently purchased History Lp clone; made by Fujigen that are the store brand for some Jap retailer. Basically exactly like the Fujigen branded LP.
How is it? I wish Matsumoku was still around for their Gibson clones.

I've looked into it before. Cool guitars.
I'm kinda interested if there's any brands that are Japanese and still make a fairly interesting Flying V. I already know about Edwards/Grassroots and Killer (way too expensive, unfortunately), aside from all the old guard brands that don't really seem to make Vs anymore such as Tokai, Fernandes/Burny, Greco, Bacchus, etc.
I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but it would be worth looking into the domestic market stuff there. Modern(ish) V's or classic design? I saw an ESP DV8 here in the classifieds for close to half the going rate. It would have been sitting with the rest of my guitars, but I already own one. That ad has had me tossing and turning at night for a month or so now 😅

I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but it would be worth looking into the domestic market stuff there. Modern(ish) V's or classic design? I saw an ESP DV8 here in the classifieds for close to half the going rate. It would have been sitting with the rest of my guitars, but I already own one. That ad has had me tossing and turning at night for a month or so now 😅
It’s very nice; more modern-ish than my 1980 Greco. Has an Axcess type neck joint which is cool.

Attachments

• IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

Had a brain fart when writing that post, I definitely meant a traditional-ish V, round horns. To be honest, I don't really like any pointy V except for the old school Jackson RR.

this guy is making some great stuff

i’ve played the goshawk and 67 and they are both really toneful and comfortable to play

Ibanez re-released my Purple Ibby...I need one for standard tuning.....they've been killing it with the classic 550s, Charvel has some cool offerings....and Peavey done gone and re-released the Vandy only to charge 3k for the damn thing, damnit....too much...but WANT:(
9d4e8f96-65e8-5379-a24b-8d081a719921.jpg

Back