Why do some people rag on Rick Beato?

We live in a world where people say shit like “I’m tired of this guy being forced down my throat every time I open Youtube”, despite the fact they have to click the fucking videos to watch them. After that, nothing is surprising.
Well there is auto play, which you have to turn off (default on) (which i do) and then it also pops up as suggestion all the time (After a video and in the sidebar)

If there’s options to not view it, it’s not being forced.
Well the suggestion are still kind of forced on you (unless you help profiling yourself and block some channels. but who logs in anyway?).
Well they don't have to CLICK with default autoplay as you claimed, but they actively need to stop autoplay, if they even know that option exists. And everytime you clear your cookies you have to do it again.
Maybe "forced" is not the correct word but it's at least pushed to them. It's a bit hairsplitting on your part, in my opinion.
I am also annoyed/fed up with the thumbnails pics of a lot of suggested videos from those youtube clowns. It's not enough to raise my heartbeat or blood pressure , but still...

Those things are exactly why I hate him to the very corpse of my being. Actually those are just excuses I use but it's the hair that actually gets me. He's like a Jimmy Jonson wannabe except he ain't coaching the cowboys and he has had a few hairs out of place in his vids and that's something Jimmy would never let happen, ever. Shame on you Rick.

Actually I don't get it either Johnny. I'm not a super fan or anything but I watched a few of his videos. A really good one with Yngwie, and I watched the Bonamassa one as well, also very very excellent. He seems like a professional, sensible dude and he actually knows how to shut his yap and let the person he is interviewing talk. He asks questions that really open up the interview to more of a comfortable, personal interaction.

I dunno, maybe people just hate him cause his last name is Beat-o, that does have a ring to it that might attract negative attention from some drunk guitarist with cabin fever and a chrome book. I grew up in a place where last names were your only name and I can't see it being an easy ride if you lived among those people with his last name and now there is internet so.... Like Gazzo in Rocky said, "some guys, they just hate for no reason". Truth.
But your entire existence is trolling and hating so there’s that….

He really come across as a pedantic pompous know-it-all captain obvious with poor taste who thinks very highly of himself, implying at all time he's some kind of reference with a very long and glorious musical career with nothing much to back it up. Might be true or not and really nothing wrong with that in the end but the overall vibe really shines thru clearly. Some people might be more or less sensitive or immune to it, hence the differing opinions. I think this whole shtick gives his videos an involuntary comical effect that really makes me LOL when I sometimes watch them. :ROFLMAO:

I could see some younger people not liking him because on the surface he’s the archetype “boomer guitar dad”, but as others have said, haters are gonna hate. I think the dude makes good content and has the skills and talent to back it all up

I don't understand why some people rag on Rick Beato.

Dude is a musical encyclopedia, educator, plays his ass off on several instruments, he's a producer, engineer and does the best in-depth interviews with legendary musicians and others in the music business that I've ever encountered.

I wish Donn Landee would consent to an interview with Rick. It would be amazing.

By all accounts, he's a nice human being.

He doesn't have to share his knowledge, but he does that. I've learned a lot thanks to him. His "Beato book" is a gold mine in musical education.

I don't see anyone else who comes close to what he's accomplishing.

His band Billionaire was signed to a major label.

Oh, and he co-wrote a song that sold over 1 million copies.

Show me anyone else who has done what he's doing. I can't think of any.

Damn right I'm a fan. No apologies for that.
same. Ridiculously talented and brings tons of content that's loaded with my favorite players and incredibly talented musicians. Has great insight into how the sausage is made, seems likeable. I don't get the hate.

His on camera persona can be a bit annoying, but I enjoy the information he has to share, and he's doing some pretty fantastic interviews with legit players. I'll put up with him to gain a little insight from Steve Morse, EJ, or Yngwie.

I fully respect his encyclopedic knowledge base of what makes good music tick but simultaneously baffled at how shockingly bad and mundane his 90's band 'Billionaires" was. That band's music was so utterly BANAL (tm) that they never would've made it even with the maximum record label and industry push.

Back