Anyone ever run across Hafler Triple Giants?

Matt300ZXT

I've had 2, and regrettably sold the last one before even getting to play it and kinda tossing around the idea of another one. I really enjoyed jamming on my first HTG a lot but I haven't seen any in a while.

I've had 2, and regrettably sold the last one before even getting to play it and kinda tossing around the idea of another one. I really enjoyed jamming on my first HTG a lot but I haven't seen any in a while.
Someone here has one for sale… with some other rack stuff too. Probably within the past 6 weeks I think.

I had one for a while and sold it when I made the move from rack stuff back to heads and a pedalboard. Very, very cool preamps for sure. I had mine modded by VooDoo amps - it was their typical mod: “makes the amp easier to play, 10 gauge strings feel like 9s…” I am now convinced that part of this mod is adding compression somewhere in the gain stage to add sustain and smooth everything out. In hindsight, I wish I had left my Triple G stock, because after the mod it lost quite a bit of dynamic response from pick attack and the guitar’s volume knob. I now prefer amps with less compression and more dynamics - and the Triple G had that in spades before I had it modded.

But super well made, lots of tonal and gain variation between the channels, akin to a 3-channel Bogner Fish on a budget.

Played through one years ago at Lentine's Music in Akron, OH with the matching Rackmount Hafler tube power amp through a Marshall 4x12 cab and an Ebony Gibson Explorer and it nailed the Metallica "Enter Sandman" tone 🎸👍

Yeah, I had one of those for a bit, years ago. You see them around from time to time if you´re not in a hurry, but I guess they might be unusual enough to not be found at the drop of a hat.

Back