Bootlegger guitars?

Soundstorm

I've been searching for something similar to my Strandberg but at saner prices and with different pickup options. Found these guys. They make a couple versions of headless guitars ala Strandberg style, as well as some regular versions. Looks like quality woods, neck through designs, good pickups, and less than half the price of an Indonesian made Strandberg with their cheap components. Anyone give these a shot?

https://bootleggerguitar.com/electric-guitars/absinthe/

Reactions: rsm
The Agile stuff? Yeah theres a headless baritone model I saw yesterday. Not sure on the build or setup quality on those, how are they?

I have a bunch. They're built at World Korea. Same as some Strandbergs.
I would personally never recommend a Strandberg over one unless you absolutely need the neck profile. That's not to say that Strandbergs aren't awesome, but they are twice the price or more for the neck profile and that's about it. Legator Ghosts (best feel/playability), All Agiles (except for the older Parallax), and even GOCs(gasp, MIC!) are going to be on the same playing field as Asian built Strandbergs.

I had a Bootlegger Spade HH guitar, it was very well built, played great, sounded great, and the owner was great to deal with, and communicate with. When I ordered my guitar he was on vacation, and let me know, with updates etc.

I ordered it from Reverb and it had photos of an earlier model, with a more Steinberger style headless neck-end that was a smooth taper and no "mini head" or bulge; what I got was the updated version (now called Gen 4) that has a small headstock with the brand name on it, and a bulge at the end of the neck instead of the smooth taper; Ibanez Q series have the same / similar headless "mini head" and neck-end bulge.

He described the improvements and how it's better than the prior version, but it wasn't what I wanted; he took my return without question, great smooth transaction and communications.

If it had the older neck I would have kept it.

Kiesel still makes the smooth taper headless Steinberger-style neck-end that I like.

I had a Bootlegger Spade HH guitar, it was very well built, played great, sounded great, and the owner was great to deal with, and communicate with. When I ordered my guitar he was on vacation, and let me know, with updates etc.

I ordered it from Reverb and it had photos of an earlier model, with a more Steinberger style headless neck-end that was a smooth taper and no "mini head" or bulge; what I got was the updated version (now called Gen 4) that has a small headstock with the brand name on it, and a bulge at the end of the neck instead of the smooth taper; Ibanez Q series have the same / similar headless "head".

He described the improvements and how it's better than the prior version, but it wasn't what I wanted; he took my return without question, great smooth transaction and communications.

If it had the older neck I would have kept it.

Kiesel still makes the smooth taper headless Steinberger-style neck-end that I like.

I'm not sure why Kiesel didn't come to mind immediately for me. Plenty of used US built Kiesels for less or equal to used Indonesian built Strandbergs. Forgot about the Ibanez Qs, also. Seem like an okay deal for the name/compared to others. I think they're a bit ugo though.

I'm not sure why Kiesel didn't come to mind immediately for me. Plenty of used US built Kiesels for less or equal to used Indonesian built Strandbergs. Forgot about the Ibanez Qs, also. Seem like an okay deal for the name/compared to others. I think they're a bit ugo though.
I have a Q52, the laser blue, HH; I like the 10 pickup settings, build quality, etc; but the mini-head / bulge not so much. Got a great deal on it tho.

I may finally order a Kiesel Holdsworth with trem at the next sale (hopefully they'll do the free chambered body again!);

then again, the new EBMM Majesty models shown at NAMM '24 are supposed to be available this summer, the new white and black finishes have my interest.

Holdsworth or another Majesty? Maybe both? Or my 5th EBMM Kaizen... :D

I have a Q52, the laser blue, HH; I like the 10 pickup settings, build quality, etc; but the mini-head / bulge not so much. Got a great deal on it tho.

I may finally order a Kiesel Holdsworth with trem at the next sale (hopefully they'll do the free chambered body again!);

then again, the new EBMM Majesty models shown at NAMM '24 are supposed to be available this summer, the new white and black finishes have my interest.

Holdsworth or another Majesty? Maybe both? Or my 5th EBMM Kaizen... :D
Not to hijack the thread, but did you see this?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/Musicians-Friend-Gear-Giveaway?icid=222939

Nice! I didn't see it!

Hope they offer the Kaizen in other colors, I already have Kryptonite! The Bleeding Heart (bright pink) is the rarest color.

Kaizen-Kryptonite.png

Nice! I didn't see it!

Hope they offer the Kaizen in other colors, I already have Kryptonite! The Bleeding Heart (bright pink) is the rarest color.

View attachment 296351
I think the last I checked there were around seven or eight finishes. Not sure if that giveaway offers only the green model. Though if you won it, you could always send it my way if it bothered you to have duplicates
:ROFLMAO:

I think the last I checked there were around seven or eight finishes. Not sure if that giveaway offers only the green model. Though if you won it, you could always send it my way if it bothered you to have duplicates
:ROFLMAO:
Yes, several colors are available, except the pink. so far I have Indigo, Mint, White and Kryptonite; next would be either Radium or Black.

I didn't expect the pink to sell out as fast as it did, no one has them new except the EBMM Vault, last time I checked. I'm more likely to get another Majesty next, only have one with older pickup set.

Edit:
Two new Kaizen 6 in Bleeding Heart (pink) available in the Vault: https://shop.music-man.com/ernie-ball-music-man-kaizen-6-string-guitar-bleeding-heart.html

Back