NAD, and met a fellow Rig Talker

Matt300ZXT

I picked up the MGL 50 High Gain amp yesterday! I asked Fretburner about shipping and turns out he was only an hour and a half away lol

I drove down yesterday to twist the knobs and give it the ol test drive and was immediately sold within the first few notes. Other than really really high gain amps, I've never played one where the preamp gain know actually makes it rock at such a low master volume level. And the master volume is easily the best I've ever used. It sounded like a full on rock amp at just enough volume where you could still talk over it. My Buddas have a master volume, but it doesn't really do anything unless you want your ears to bleed. My Morris XSIII has a pretty good master volume, and my Landry Lexi I bought doesn't seem to be able to really rock at low volumes, at least I wasn't able to get it to in the few minutes I fiddled around with it when it arrived. But it seemed to have an ok master volume as well. However, this MGL is on another level. I highly recommend you guys that like hot Marshalls check them out.

Big props to John (Fretburner) for accommodating me and being friendly *high five*

I picked up the MGL 50 High Gain amp yesterday! I asked Fretburner about shipping and turns out he was only an hour and a half away lol

I drove down yesterday to twist the knobs and give it the ol test drive and was immediately sold within the first few notes. Other than really really high gain amps, I've never played one where the preamp gain know actually makes it rock at such a low master volume level. And the master volume is easily the best I've ever used. It sounded like a full on rock amp at just enough volume where you could still talk over it. My Buddas have a master volume, but it doesn't really do anything unless you want your ears to bleed. My Morris XSIII has a pretty good master volume, and my Landry Lexi I bought doesn't seem to be able to really rock at low volumes, at least I wasn't able to get it to in the few minutes I fiddled around with it when it arrived. But it seemed to have an ok master volume as well. However, this MGL is on another level. I highly recommend you guys that like hot Marshalls check them out.

Big props to John (Fretburner) for accommodating me and being friendly *high five*
That was a great price on that amp, I have the same model. Merren iron, Siemens NOS tubes, enjoy it!

Hope you enjoy it brother! It is a great amp and thanks for the smooth transaction. 🤘🏼

Love to hear this shit and congrats on your new amp. I know almost nothing about it. You got any pics or clips?

Enjoy and HNMGLD :cheers:

Love to hear this shit and congrats on your new amp. I know almost nothing about it. You got any pics or clips?

Enjoy and HNMGLD :cheers:
Nah, haven't played it other than when I test drove it. Apartment life doesn't lead to getting to rock. But, when I buy a house in the next year or so....then I'll have a slew of stadium ready amps to break in lol

Oh shit, this was the amp you were talking about!

Hahaha you’re probably safe from bed bugs and the fentanyl stash, then! :LOL:

Back