New hi gain amps to look for?

Agreed- but 5GS are not available any more, and hell razor was on my list
I prefer the Recto mods anyway to the 5GS’s (had 2, tried 2 others). They’re almost as tight, still tighter than the other 99.9% of amps lol (the triple with added tight switch might actually be as tight or more), but has more character and thickness IME and sounds heavier overall to me

Wizard Hell Razor KT150
Hermansson (Recto’s are my preference)
Early revision Recto’s
Mark IIC+
I really like the MLC Silenoz, but it’s not for everyone

I prefer the Recto mods anyway to the 5GS’s (had 2, tried 2 others). They’re almost as tight, still tighter than the other 99.9% of amps lol (the triple with added tight switch might actually be as tight or more), but has more character and thickness IME and sounds heavier overall to me
I definitely prefer the Marshall. And my recto is amazing . Henric used my recto in the video where he put mine up against the stock recto . The Marshall is special. Mty hell razor is fixed btw and it’s as good as anything . There was a problem with my pull loop knob.

I really like the MLC Silenoz, but it’s not for everyone
I’m curious about the silenoz but was real disappointed with the Vogg next to the Uber ultra. This is comparing it to an easily available production amp and not unobtainable stuff or stuff with an insane price tag; the Uber ultra blew the doors off of it.

I’m curious about the silenoz but was real disappointed with the Vogg next to the Uber ultra. This is comparing it to an easily available production amp and not unobtainable stuff or stuff with an insane price tag; the Uber ultra blew the doors off of it.
Haven’t tried a Vlogg. Seems darker and maybe softer than the Silenoz, but would have to try one to really know. The ultra was not a keeper for me, but very different flavor than the Silenoz

The Silenoz has that Scandinavian black metal-ish sound (especially in the highs) that probably won’t appeal to everyone. I like that is has this killer, unique uppermid grind that none of my other amps get and it gives the amp a certain cut and clarity. It basically to me sounds like a jcm800 that was tweaked to be more modern and black metal-ish. I think it’s cool, but more specific in when it would be used. The uppermid grind reminds me of some Engl’s I had, but imo better

What are the differences?
That’s why I love you dude. You go hard and don’t fuck around!!! LOL

Which one do you dig the most? My buddy got the KT88 version and he said it’s a lot like the TJ but more easier to manage. I’m looking forward to trying his out. I did the EL34/KT88 mix and felt like it smoothed the amp out a little too much for my tastes. I only noticed a little more thump as well. Nothing crazy.

Lol. You got that right.... I only go full retard! 🤪:ROFLMAO:

They're fairly similar actually, the differences are subtle and mostly in how the mids sit. The KT88 sounds a little wider/more open...low end and highs extended. El34 is more fat in the mids. I put all Chinese 8th gen Beijing preamp tubes in the el34 and swapped the power tubes to e34Ls. The KT88 has stock EH KT88s, which I like, but will try with gold lions, JJs and chinese to see if they differ. I put the 8th gen Chinese in there as well. PI has Sovetek LPS in each amp. I did try KT88s in the el34 awhile back and ended up going back to the el34s.

Back