Do you hear clashing?

Mix-wise, I'd say maybe the rhythm guitar & snare are stepping on the lead part just a bit, but that's splitting hairs.

Note choice wise, it sounds fine to me.

Ok guys, here's the full song. Please be aware that this does not yet have our singer's vocals on it yet. It's just me mumbling the vocals with my shitty voice, but at least you'll hear the lyrics and the melody. Feedback appreciated.

EDIT: These lyrics will get some refinements in the final version

I’d probably hit up the mix to change things before any of the playing. I’m only listening on an iPad right now, but it just sounds like the rhythms need to go to their corners (hard panning) while letting the lead come up the middle. If they’re already hard panned, tweaking the EQ so they’re a bit more subdued, or boosting some 1k-2k on the lead would help it pop out more.

Playing is killer!

I’d probably hit up the mix to change things before any of the playing. I’m only listening on an iPad right now, but it just sounds like the rhythms need to go to their corners (hard panning) while letting the lead come up the middle. If they’re already hard panned, tweaking the EQ so they’re a bit more subdued, or boosting some 1k-2k on the lead would help it pop out more.

Playing is killer!
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, they're dual tracked and hard panned, lead is down the middle, might just be the ipad. I'll look into some ways to make them sound wider.

Some of my music snob friends are telling me that my guitar solo here clashes with the chords underneath. I personally don't hear it. I think it sounds sick. Thoughts?

Ok, I'll play producer lol... and btw/ the playing and the solo itself is fine. However...

First half of the solo up to .14, perfect. Then your note descends and this to me is where I could see someone saying that clashes because the main riff is still in the same key. How about changing the main riff to follow you on the two subsequent solo changes at (roughly) the .15 and . 21 mark. One it would give you a better foundation for the solo and at the same time breaks the main riff throughout the song giving it a little more spice. In fact you may not even have to change the entire riff, just the root note. Nuno does this alot as the bed for his solos.

Just my thoughts.

Back