Quick Rod better and better

MrFlexx

Just wanted to say that every time I plug into this amp it's getting better and better. Today I finally found the best IR's and mics to get that great Gary Moore tone from the album Run For Cover, when recording. It's amazingly good. I own and have owned so many boutique amps, just check my signature, and this amp smokes them all. Had mine for about 3-4 years now and it still amaze me every time I plug it in. it covers every sound I want just playing around with the gears and amp boost and using using different overdrives/boots in front. My favorite overdrives/boosts are "In no particular order":

Suhr Koko Boost "The big one"
Boss SD-1
Xotic RC Booster
Rockbox - Boiling Point "Swirl painted hand-made one"

What preamp tubes you running. I hate the stock c8s. Way to harsh…
I feel like those suck in my Quick Rod (Chinese 8th Gen?) - but lots of people seem to like them. I'm mostly all JJs now (including power) but I'm doing more of heavy boosted Gear 2 drop C kind of thing :yes:

I feel like those suck in my Quick Rod (Chinese 8th Gen?) - but lots of people seem to like them. I'm mostly all JJs now (including power) but I'm doing more of heavy boosted Gear 2 drop C kind of thing :yes:
You're asking about the 12AX7 or EL34? If it's the EL34 I know they're older, as my amp tech have them stashed and only use them on his favorite customers amps 😊

I've Got JJ EL34II's for power tubes
Mullard (NOS) V1
(NOS)RFT V2, V3
(NOS) Tungtram V4
this circuit loves the RFT's
I rolled a bunch of tubes with mine and these have sounded the best (I've had them in for about a year now)

Back