Best compressor pedal withot being a Brad Paisly wanna be

John4021

..and not into a rack that cost and grand...LOL

And not with 50 knobs to turn. Want a "set it/forget it" pedal

Last edited:
I had the Keeley Compressor Plus and it was reasonably priced and did a good job though ultimately I found I just didn't need it. The blend knob was a really great feature.

Ego and Woodshed are my favorites I have tried. Ego 76 looks pretty cool, too. Basic bitch Ross is always solid. Oh, and that weird DOD milk thing. Any of those should work if you're looking for something besides Keeley (which is also cool).

Bogner Lyndhurst .....It has a Neve designed transformer in it .....

Neve lived down the road just a little ways out in Wimberley. Pretty sure a bunch of the stuff at Blue Rock Studios on the Blanco river was based around his later designs. Dude was active in recording tech and circuits into his 90's before he passed away. That guy is a legend.

did a good job though ultimately I found I just didn't need it.
love it but don't use it alot.
I tried a few many years ago and settled on the old clunkybox Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter but I found that over the years I had tweaked the knobs so it wasn't really doing anything. Be careful with some of the old designs with high output humbuckers. Some comps don't like hot pickups. Some allow adjustment for that, the Threshold control on the Carl Martin allows you to adjust that. It's got the four basic and imo 'essential' comp controls.

The Keeley plus is pretty nice, you can find those used everywhere. I'd like to try the Suhr woodshed, but they rarely seem to be in stock anywhere.

Back