Anybody else have any transgender kids?

I didn’t advise him to take a drill sgt approach. I reminded him that he is the adult, and his kid really needs him to look out for his best interest. Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness. There isn’t a pleasant way to say that. I agree that social constructs have a lot of kid jammed up. That is why good parents make it their business to mind their children’s business and do their best to prevent exposure to anything harmful. There is no nice way to say “ your kid is fucked because your wife and yourself have dropped the ball on parenting. It also isn’t what a person in his situation needs to hear. His son is at risk, and he needs to hear the truth, regardless of how harsh it may sound. Seems to me that he is surrounded by people that aren’t grounded in reality. I didn’t say anything to him that he didn’t ask to hear, and I wasn’t doing it to be an asshole. I gave him something to consider, which is what he asked for, and I wasn’t mean spirited about it. I was honest about it, and in my book that is always the best policy.
finally the key phrase is spoken-gender dysphoria is a mental illness.
edit-I see acceptance mentioned it earlier...my bad...

This guy is spot on. This is exactly how I view it. You do you, don't expect me to do you the same way. You don't own objective reality, you own your own reality, not mine.

Well tell me this, how many times have you ever been in the situation where someone asked you to refer to them as a gender that you did not believe they were?
It would seem that it would happen to you fairly often if you have such strong opinions and feelings about it. It must have affected your life negatively in some way.
When society buries its head in the sand, and refuses to recognize reality, it is a negative for everyone in that society. The difference between you and I is that I joined this thread in an effort to offer a fellow guitarist advice that he needed to hear, and will serve him well if he chooses to follow it. You are hear because your false narratives are at risk of being exposed for the lies they are.

What's up with the forum? Acting whack.

Yeah like I said, I'm just weary of the fact that this hormone therapy on teenagers is basicly an expirment for now. The data is not there. Every single drug known to man has a side effect. He doesn't take the ADHD meds any longer, thank God. At least he realized he didn't like the way they made him feel. Medicine has it's place, but not for expirementing on kids. The thing that bothers me is that everyone in that realm is not capable of individual critical thinking. They all are of the same mindset and don't really hear what I'm saying. It's like they feel the need to push their agenda, instead of doing their actual job, which is to do no harm.

And when I'm lied to by doctors that say these drugs are fine, when in fact there is no long term data, is disconcerting.
You are so worried about the dangers of the treatments( and they are dangerous) that you fail to see the damage you are doing on your own. If you pretend along with the delusion that your daughter is a boy, and refer to your daughter as your son, you are part of the problem. Gender Dysporia is a mental illness, and children that present with sudden onset gender Dysphoria are suffering from other mental illnesses, rather than actual Gender Dysphoria. You seem to be resigned to pretend your daughter is a male, right along with everyone else you mentioned. I hope you don’t regret your choice, but statistics aren’t in your favor. But at least you haven’t “ misgendered “ her.

It's actually his daughter that wants to transition. "Drill Sergeant" was hyperbole, but that is kinda the vibe I got. And a seeming lack of compassion. I am guessing that if you are a parent you have fortunately not had to deal with a situation like this. I wouldn't immediately assume it's because you are such a great parent either, and I don't mean that as an insult. ...I wasn't suggesting that it was social constructs that could be affecting her, but rather that social constructs affect your perception of whether it is right or wrong, good or bad. I do agree it's not good, from an objective a standpoint as I can muster. I'm just pointing it out with respect to the question of "Mental illness," which is always diagnosed relative to the norms and standards of a given society and culture.
So you think social constructs are causing me to advise against a known dangerous medical procedure for a child that actually needs mental health help? Social constructs are why his daughter thinks she is a boy. The kid is completely fucked up over school mates and others refusing to pretend along with her delusions. The father has basically told his daughter to grow some balls and stand up for herself, and that it will stop if she does. Not only is the child delusional, the father is as well. Think what you like, but I do have a lot of compassion for kids. The father, in this case, doesn’t need compassion. He needs a dose of reality, and to own up to his responsibility to take care of his daughter.

So you think social constructs are causing me to advise against a known dangerous medical procedure for a child that actually needs mental health help? Social constructs are why his daughter thinks she is a boy. The kid is completely fucked up over school mates and others refusing to pretend along with her delusions. The father has basically told his daughter to grow some balls and stand up for herself, and that it will stop if she does. Not only is the child delusional, the father is as well. Think what you like, but I do have a lot of compassion for kids. The father, in this case, doesn’t need compassion. He needs a dose of reality, and to own up to his responsibility to take care of his daughter.
I think that "social constructs" (Norms and standards) bias your view of what is considered good, bad, acceptable, unacceptable. Cultures throughout history have practices and ideas that are arguably delusional and harmful, and I think this is simply more of the same. The rub here is that this new culture is conflicting with our traditional one. I think you lack compassion because you don't seem very understanding, and instead are accusatory and absolute. Again, I agree that from a scientific standpoint what defines a male and female in our species is a settled matter, but as I just mentioned, societies and cultures are not always rational or healthy. I agree that it is probably a bad idea for her to go this path. I just don't think everything is as black and white, cut and dry as you seem to suggest. I don't think your approach would work. I think it would push the child away and then she is lost.

YT must be watching my posts on RT, because this just showed up in my recommendations:

not sure what it discusses or how, as I haven't watched it

No such thing. Using the word provides the delusional with a form validation ie. like it's somehow real. Like a lot of the conspiracies that people in the US like to engage in and talk about on this site. Just more crazy crap.

No such thing. Using the word provides the delusional with a form validation ie. like it's somehow real. Like a lot of the conspiracies that people in the US like to engage in and talk about on this site. Just more crazy crap.
Thank goodness no one in New Zealand is retarded or homosexual.

:ROFLMAO:

Shut up you Canadian.

1713043786732.png

Your schtick of non-stop, heavy-handed, USA bashing reads like you're either posting directly from WEF headquarters.. or your mom's basement.

:ROFLMAO:

k6TphZf.jpg
USA bashing? Well a lot of this transgender shit came out of there didn't it. The USA is whacko lefty deviant central. Then you exported the cray cray crap to the rest of us. Congratulations.

Anyway I wasn't USA bashing per se. I don't really see the USA as much different to any other Western country except that it's fucking full of gun crazed, conspiracy theory infested weirdos that can't spell English properly because they think they should make the language nationalistic and stuff it up. Other than that it's totally normal.

USA bashing? Well a lot of this transgender shit came out of there didn't it. The USA is whacko lefty deviant central. Then you exported the cray cray crap to the rest of us. Congratulations.
You need to go back to your quarantine pen. Didn’t they ring the bell for dinner?

Back