The end of the world?!

You used the word terrorist to refer to people who believe end times events are hear. That is extremist language. Now I called you an extremist.
I used the word terrorist to refer to specific sects of Protestantism who fetishize Judgement Day, aka "want the end of the world to happen." As such, I never made the broad strokes that you continue to accuse me of, Von CognitiveDissonance.

Guys, if there is one thing I have learned on my 83 years on this planet...anytime they say it's gonna happen...it never happens.
People have been proclaiming it for literally thousands of years now... all those people with egg on their faces.

As the shampoo ad used to say "It won't happen overnight but it will happen". lol

I used the word terrorist to refer to specific sects of Protestantism who fetishize Judgement Day, aka "want the end of the world to happen." As such, I never made the broad strokes that you continue to accuse me of, Von CognitiveDissonance.
You're painting in broad strokes. I have never met end times believers who "wanted it to end" so I'm not even sure what oddball sect you might be talking about.

You're painting in broad strokes. I have never met end times believers who "wanted it to end" so I'm not even sure what oddball sect you might be talking about.
It's the sect called the Oddball Church of the Holy Virgin and St Augustus Aloysius III mate ;-)

Explain to me how one religion should have to get the express consent of another religion in order to fully practice that religion?
It’s like anything. I mean often you have to get your neighbors consent to build certain structures on your own land. But I had assumed it would be a conflict. If it doesn’t create a conflict, then I don’t consider them extremist, and I don’t really know why anyone would care.

DL9u31a.jpg

It’s like anything. I mean often you have to get your neighbors consent to build certain structures on your own land. But I had assumed it would be a conflict. If it doesn’t create a conflict, then I don’t consider them extremist, and I don’t really know why anyone would care.
So if something creates conflict is the deciding factor on whether it's extremist or not? Does that make you an earth shape extremist since a couple guys here are really bothered by it and butt heads with you over it=conflict?

So if something creates conflict is the deciding factor on whether it's extremist or not? Does that make you an earth shape extremist since a couple guys here are really bothered by it and butt heads with you over it=conflict?
They sure are bothered. But no, because I will think what I want, and would consider it “extremist” for another to impose their will on me or my mind to do otherwise. The best principle I’ve found as the basis for adjudicating any conflict in a pluralistic world is a libertarian notion of property rights. It is the most simple, objective and intuitive principle that I’ve come across, even though at times it may seem to fall short. As such, I would generally consider any ideology or religion that seeks to violently impose its will on another person or their property as “extremist.” That being said, I recognize others have different foundational beliefs, or no consistent principle at all that would define what is to be considered “extremist” — which I tend to think is a stupid establishment buzzword meant to label and control people anyways.

I wonder if there are people that search out these "end times" people and financially exploit them due to their lack of belief of a future. Heh, who would be that evil, heh.

Back