The book of Enoch and hidden world history

Too much of a clickbait title for me and I hate those long winded go nowhere documentaries that usually lack anything concrete but I am familiar with the book of Enoch to some degree.

Too much of a clickbait title for me and I hate those long winded go nowhere documentaries that usually lack anything concrete but I am familiar with the book of Enoch to some degree.
It highlighted the parallels between other ancient histories and the Enoch account. Namely, the Watchers/Observers (Aliens?), "Spaceships", "Abductions", Atlantis, the introduction of technologies and the alleged suppression of these accounts by the monotheistic faith traditions. Covered the "giants/hybrids" as well.

It highlighted the parallels between other ancient histories and the Enoch account. Namely, the Watchers/Observers (Aliens?), "Spaceships", "Abductions", Atlantis, the introduction of technologies and the alleged suppression of these accounts by the monotheistic faith traditions.
Not trying to spite you in any way but that's pre history 101 stuff if you've already read the actual book. Alleged suppression. Those books and many more have been available to anyone who can read for a long time and are widely accepted by just about every sect of christianity.

I just find it interesting that it doesn't really change your mind about any other bible stuff where you remain a skeptic but yet are eager to eat this stuff up. I know that probably sounds like an attack on you but it isn't. I just don't get the disconnect there.

Not trying to spite you in any way but that's pre history 101 stuff if you've already read the actual book. Alleged suppression. Those books and many more have been available to anyone who can read for a long time and are widely accepted by just about every sect of christianity.

I just find it interesting that it doesn't really change your mind about any other bible stuff where you remain a skeptic but yet are eager to eat this stuff up. I know that probably sounds like an attack on you but it isn't. I just don't get the disconnect there.
I am interested in "pre history" but I'm not really that familiar with it. I have read Enoch and actually much of the Bible. I am drawn in particular to stories that are cross referenced in different cultures, like the flood for example. To me that yields more weight as to their existence. There is also a lot of overlap of "aliens" and giants. It's just interesting, I don't eat it up, and don't worry, I'm still a skeptic. As I mentioned, it has always been curious to me why Enoch was not canonized. I don't know if it was suppressed, but it's a possibility. We've talked a little about why I don't think the Christian account is true, but can discuss more.

And also, just because I don't think the Christian account as a whole is true doesn't mean I don't think the Bible contains any worthwhile information — philosophy, some history, literature and poetry for that matter.

Back