>

I noticed that my Channel 1 Clean is a lot quieter than the Gain Channel 2 as well.
I have to have the volume on CH1 turned up to around 12 o’clock and the gain channel is only on 2.

I tried my acoustic on it and I had to turn channel 1 volume all the way to full and the acoustic guitar full to get it to work (electric is much better on this amp)

I’m wondering if a re-tube would solve this, but sounds like you re-tubed and you have a very low gain channel 1 as well.

It would be great if Bruce would 'chime' in on this.

see you posted in Nov 2014.. Any luck yet?

I emailed Egater about channel 2 being a lot louder than channel 1.

I'm pretty much "diming" channel1 on both gain/volume and channel 2 is like on 3 of gain+volume

I know that there is an extra gain stage of V3b and V4a/b on channel 2 that's not on channel1.

They said that's "normal" ; channel 2 us a much louder channel

If you hate the amp so much, why don't you just get rid of it, rather than coming here and bashing them all over the place? I had a Renegade for years; loved it, no problems.

Not sure why you guys are angry about this. It is difficult to analyze the problem in a forum or on the phone. If you feel there is something wrong with your amp, you could compare it to another one or ask where to have it checked or repaired? Could be as simple as a bad tube.

Thank you for posting the circuit diagram. Channel 2 on Renegade 212 lost it's gain. After review the circuit diagram, I figured it could be V3. Changed it out, and everything is back to normal! Thanks!

bruce egnater":2l9tpki0 said:
Could be as simple as a bad tube.

Hi Bruce,
I changed V1, V2, V5 and V6 since I knew that they belonged to channel1 (I know v5 & 6 are shared with Channel 2 but I had the tubes.)

so I left V3,4 alone and with the new tubes in V1, V2 the clean channel is still noticeably quieter than Channel 2.
Channel 1 is on 10 on the volume, Channel 2 is like on 3 and is louder.

not sure what everyone else's issue is

hammer jammer":2sxoxtl0 said:
Mine made a horrible screeching noise last night and I turned it off immediately.....Now the amp Is deader than a door nail, no lights no blown fuse, tried new tubes pre and power nada...just dead....so goes on this unhappy Renegade romance started out as love and has deteriorated rapidly.

Where can I send this to get it repaired ?

I lost the info, mine is still under warranty though.....please send info and I will send it to California, I bought another amp so IM not as stressed about sending it off now.

Completely unrelated, you're corrupting this thread (posting twice the same message.. do you behave this way in real life?

so I left V3,4 alone and with the new tubes in V1, V2 the clean channel is still noticeably quieter than Channel 2.
Channel 1 is on 10 on the volume, Channel 2 is like on 3 and is louder.

Same as mine. I'll try to replace tubes.
Do you tried a low gain tube (e.g. 12AU7 ) in the pre of the channel 2 ? Maybe it could be a solution.

kronat":3j5iskg9 said:
hammer jammer":3j5iskg9 said:
Mine made a horrible screeching noise last night and I turned it off immediately.....Now the amp Is deader than a door nail, no lights no blown fuse, tried new tubes pre and power nada...just dead....so goes on this unhappy Renegade romance started out as love and has deteriorated rapidly.

Where can I send this to get it repaired ?

I lost the info, mine is still under warranty though.....please send info and I will send it to California, I bought another amp so IM not as stressed about sending it off now.

Completely unrelated, you're corrupting this thread (posting twice the same message.. do you behave this way in real life?

FUCK YOU ITS MY THREAD.

Back