18 watt TMB MV

Honestly never have tried that!

How do I check?

Quick and dirty description:

1) Measure the pot's actual DCR. (1 meg: 994k ohm? 1,015k ohm? ... you get the idea)
2) Position the control (stem for a rotary pot) at 50% of its travel, and measure DCR between one of the "outside" lugs & wiper lug.

Linear pots should be 50% of its total resistance in the 50% rotation point. Log ("audio") taper pots would be far different than 50%.

Knob.gif

(edited for correction/possible clarity)

Last edited:
Quick and dirty description:

1) Measure the pot's actual DCR. (1 meg: 994k ohm? 1,015k ohm? ... you get the idea)
2) Position the control (stem for a rotary pot) at 50% of its travel, and measure DCR between the input lug & wiper lug.

Linear pots should be 50% of its total resistance in the 50% rotation point. Log ("audio") taper pots would be far less than 50%.

Knob.gif
Really appreciate the help, thank you.

Welp, completely my fault, which I was figuring...

Pots were/are labeled.

A1M

My complete lack of experience at the time...

Appreciate all the replies.

Welp, completely my fault, which I was figuring...

Pots were/are labeled.

A1M

My complete lack of experience at the time...

Appreciate all the replies.
Right on man. I tell dudes that I’m training that most of the stuff I know how to fix is stuff that I’ve broken in the past.

One of my first “not from a kit” builds I did, I got it all together and had no sound coming out. Zero. Spent a couple days trouble shooting to no luck so I ripped the whole thing apart aside from a couple things like the wires from the impedance selector to the output jacks.
Rebuilt it and again, no sound. I was completely defeated until about a month later when I realized I wired the impedance selector to the output jacks wrong so the signal was totally grounded.
Failure felt better than stupidity lol.

Right on man. I tell dudes that I’m training that most of the stuff I know how to fix is stuff that I’ve broken in the past.

One of my first “not from a kit” builds I did, I got it all together and had no sound coming out. Zero. Spent a couple days trouble shooting to no luck so I ripped the whole thing apart aside from a couple things like the wires from the impedance selector to the output jacks.
Rebuilt it and again, no sound. I was completely defeated until about a month later when I realized I wired the impedance selector to the output jacks wrong so the signal was totally grounded.
Failure felt better than stupidity lol.
Appreciate the kind words.
Break something or reverse engineer, its all the same... :dunno:

Back