20W Octane Prototype - Modern High Gain + Versatile Clean Channel

EddyLenz

Hey Guys,

I'm very excited to give you a first look at what will become our next production model!

P1030744-2.jpg

The 20W Octane is an EL84-powered 2-channel amp that will have a tube fx loop and foot-switchable clean channel.

This prototype still has some quirks that I need to figure out due to the retroactively added clean channel, which caused some space/layout problems with the FX loop, which I removed for now.

I think the clean channel is pretty much final and I'll make another video that showcases the clean channel a bit more.
The gain channel is probably also final except for the switching options, which I'll have to think a bit more about before making the final front panel layout.
It is voiced more modern than the Hot Chili and is perfect for modern Metal chugging, but I also love it for those classic 80s/90s tones.

At first, I thought about just making a simple clean channel with only a volume knob, but then I thought, that if I added a clean channel, it should be more than just passable. This is how I ended up with that many knobs on the front panel of the prototype (Gain, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass), which banished the input to the back panel, but don't worry, the production model with have the input on the front haha. The clean channel works great with both humbuckers and single coils, as I'll properly showcase in another video.

Here's a demo using my ESP Partscaster, '72 Strat, Setneck Strat, and Les Paul, which will give you an idea of how it sounds with different styles of guitars. (ESP probably needs a refret...)

Back